Author Topic: Goose-Egg is gone.  (Read 1350 times)

JohnnyDiaz

Goose-Egg is gone.
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:37 am »
You know after my surgery I had this goose egg (I call it) on the side of where my surgery took place. I had mentioned this in previous posts. The Doc said that it would take about a year to sort-a re-absorb back into my noggin. Well a few days ago it started to get smaller and then I woke up and it is gone. I feel like I lost a tooth or something. Anyway that was last reminder (other than my ssd) that I had the surgery. Woohoo.... Now I wonder if I will have like a "goose egg AN fairy" that may drop a 50 or 100 spot under my pillow. Anyone else run into this?  thanks for your posts.....
Diagnosed 6/08 - 2.5 cm Left AN
9.5hr surgery 10/7/08 w/Dr. Chandler and Dr. Green Baptist Hospital - Jax, Fl
Post Op Complications - Additional Surgeries 10/12 & 10/13
SSD on Left
7 months later I feel great!!!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Goose-Egg is gone.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:21 am »
I had a "goose egg" (as you put it) also, but mine went down and away after about 2 months post-op.  I was told it was CSF under the skin and eventually would go away.  After a few weeks on Diamox (diuretic) to help make it go away, having a slow growing allergic reaction to Diamox and 4 more days in the hospital it finally went away on it's own a few days after being off of the Diamox.  Go figure.  I kinda like the idea of a Goose Egg AN Fairy leaving a 50 or 100 spot for me every year.  ;)

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:19:38 am »
You guys are lucky that yours went away.  I am over 2 years post op and still have it.  I had a huge problem with csf leaks and they had to take out my ear drum.....so luckily i have long hair to cover that bad boy up :)
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:33:52 am »
My goose egg is in the crosshairs as we speak.  Healing this stubborn leak is the last hurdle and I am so looking forward to that!  If the goose egg fairy is going to visit, then I am due for a windfall!  This thing was, at its worst, truly the size of a small egg stuck to the side of my head :-\.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.