Author Topic: Cyberknife in boulder CO?  (Read 2314 times)

Greg M

• Not all who wander are lost...
Cyberknife in boulder CO?
« on: January 18, 2009, 12:49:11 pm »
Hi is there anyone out there that had a Cyberknife treatment at The Rocky Mountain Cyberknife Center?? If you had any expirience with them or if anyone knows anything about them please respond. Are they good, wellknown, are the docs good, results, do they take state aid??? Please any infowill help. Thanks Greg
diagnosed 1-9-09 1.3cm LF side AN
some tinnitus, high frequency hearing loss
GK 6-17-09 @ GK center of Portland
Dr.Bader & Dr.Wayson
Time will tell......

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Cyberknife in boulder CO?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 03:23:42 pm »
Hi Greg,

I did a "search" option from the discussion home page and found this thread. Rocky Mtn is noted at the bottom:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3732.0

Another suggestion may be to check the CK Support website:

www.cyberknife.com

the docs and patients there may be of help as well.

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
Re: Cyberknife in boulder CO?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 10:35:08 pm »
Hi Greg,

I live in the metro Denver area and had GK at Swedish Gamma Knife Center (in Englewood) 10/21/08.  My doctor, Robert Feehs, M.D. (otologist/neurotologist) does Cyberknife at Rocky Mountain Cyberknife Center in Boulder.  He was trained at Stanford to use CK.  He prefers to use GK for ANs so I don't know if he has treated ANs with CK or not.  My radiologist, Paul Elliott, M.D., also does Cyberknife at Rocky Mountain Cyberknife Center.  He as well was trained at Stanford, and like Dr. Feehs, he prefers GK for treating ANs.  Both doctors were trained at Pittsburgh to use GK.  I have been very satisfied with my treatment at the Swedish Gamma Knife Center.  I think every doctor has their "preferred" mode of treatment.  Both doctors said they would do CK if I would rather go that route.  Both doctors also do AN surgery.  Hope this post will help.  The Swedish GK Center opened in 2004.  There is another GK center at St. Anthony's, I think, but it is older.  Dr. Elliott said another hospital in the Denver area is slated to get a CK center in the near furture..  Best wishes.

Nancy

P.S.  I had a hearing test yesterday, and my hearing is the same as before GK.     
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs