Author Topic: thanks for your responses. How do you get your picture on this?  (Read 1165 times)

Keri

thanks for your responses. How do you get your picture on this?
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:22:17 pm »
Hi,
Generally when I post on this, I use a lot of difference categories. So, I thank everyone for their recent responses to my questions on "hearing issues" and "pre-treatment" and before that under "AN Issues."  I remember many of you by seeing your picture along with your name. I tried to put my picture on this but can't figure out how. I went to edit my profile and to get my picture it wants me to list a website instead of giving me an option to 'browse' so I can upload it. Any advice? I don't want y'all to forget me!

Thanks! I'm not too computer savvy sometimes.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: thanks for your responses. How do you get your picture on this?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:54:22 pm »
Keri:

I can never remember the exact sequence so I did an archive search and found this set of instructions posted by our own Phyl, earlier this year.

You cannot post it directly from your hard drive... upload pic to Fapper, KodakGallery, Photobucket, etc... then copy the URL of the pic once it has been posted on one of these sites (ie: once you post the pic there, place mouse over pic, then "right click" to see the "Properties"... open "Properties" and "copy" the entire URL line)... then come back here, prepare "post" and "insert" (using the "insert image" icon noted above and "Paste" the link between the "Insert image" brackets..

I trust this will work for you. 

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

waypoint

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:07:47 pm »
Keri,
You can't upload it from your computer. You have to put it on the internet at one of those share sites (flickr, shutterfly, etc) then attach the link into your Forum Profile Information. just make sure the pic is small. If its to big, you get an error pulling up the picture.
2.4cm AN removed, Retrosigmoid, 10/1/07
Memorial Hermann, Dr. Chang & Dr. Alp
lost hearing Lt side, paralysis Lt side hopefully temporary
recovered from the balance issues at about 4-6months

Sue Vogel

• https://get.google.com/albumarchive/11576991862935
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 10:04:58 pm »
Keri - Someone from the forum advised me to set up an account on Photobucket.  Once you have an account with Photobucket, you can upload images from your own computer.  Then you export them from Photobucket into the forum.   Once the pictures you want are on Photobucket, you have to click on the DIRECT link line under the picture to get that link to appear on the forum.  If you want to insert an image into your post, you place the cursor between the two img's that come up after you hit the "insert image" icon and press enter (after you have hit the DIRECT link under your picture in Photobucket.)  Try this.  It should work.  Good luck.

SUE
3 cm left side
Translab. surgery 10/13/08
Dr. Gantz/Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
SSD, adjusting to balance issues
BAHA surgery 1/29/10 Dr. Gantz/Dr. Woodson (dynamic duo)