Author Topic: my 6 month MRI  (Read 2572 times)

cin605

my 6 month MRI
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:08:13 pm »
I went to Dartmouth yesterday for 6 month MRI met w/ Neaurosurgeon & ENT.
MRI sowed scar tissue that hasn't changed since last MRI 3 months out.I need to go back in 6 months just to make sure it is scar tissue & is not growing?
Doc's assured me all my symptoms are par for the surgery i had.
Tinnitus in opposit side of surgery as well as bad side.
Balance (way of still) fell down my first tumble after Vestub. rehab monday
heavy head(they said could get better or stay perm. :(
head aches
nerve damage in neck from cutting into nerves & muscles
ear filling & draining
vertigo
can not drive most days when i do not over 35mph
head tremors
major fatigue
some depression(no wonder)
Good news:
tougue no longer swollen
no more nausea
tumor is gone

2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

wcrimi

Re: my 6 month MRI
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 04:37:10 pm »
Sounds like your doctors are happy with your progress to date. 

What do you mean by ear filling and draining?

I have a congested feeling in my ear accompanied by a hissing sound that my doctor "believes" might be related to post operative fluid (but he can't see it or measure it with some tests). The intensity of the feeling and volume of the hissing varies day to day and even sometimes during the same day. There seems to be a slow trend towards improvement though.

Is that what you are talking about or do you actually have fluid draining out of your ear? 

Sorry to hear that you fell down. I've come close to few times but fortunately there was a wall in the area to keep me up.
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

cin605

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 05:34:32 pm »
Its like if i poured acup of water in my ear & let it fill up & then turned my head to let it drain out.
43yrs old

wcrimi

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:25 am »
So water is physically draining out???

Wow, I haven't heard that one before. 

Sorry to hear that (or partially hear that given my bad ear  ;D). As long as the doctors are aware of it and guess it will be OK.   
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

cin605

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:18:50 pm »
Sorry..its not draining on the outside....it feels & sounds like its draining on the inside...hard to explain clunk,rice cispy sound.
43yrs old

cin605

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:03:55 am »
Thanks for your concern!
It was after vestub. Rehab & i decided that i would vacume...i was near the end if my apt. in my sons room.
It was a really wierd seemed like slow motion fall i must have felt my balace going & sidewards to the left down i went.i did
not get hurt it seems i had time to brace myself on the way.
I am in my 4th week of vestub.rehab & doing some things at home.
I have the heel to toe thing down but marching in place w/my eyes closed is just a joke.
Today i am having the vertigo,it went away for two weeks &found its way back home overnight.
Thanks Cindy
43yrs old

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 10:11:28 am »
Cindy,
How are you doing??  And can someone tell me why symptoms come and go and don't just go?  Oh, and Cindy, STOP vacuuming.  If he's old enough to mess up the floor he's old enough to vacuum himself.
Best,
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

cin605

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 01:06:29 pm »
I don't know i pray every day i am going to wake up n have thias nightmare over.
I have aproblem w/ vacuming i used to own a cleaning bussines so if i even look at the vacume it begs me too use it! ;)
I am on my son to do his room then after i go in & end up doing it myself anyway,he is 14 & has agreen thumb so hes got about 20 different plant in his room.he literally takes the seeds from his oranges & grows them & we live in N.H. course one of those plants fall over dailey ,i swear more than i do....
43yrs old