Author Topic: Home on Saturday in time for the Buckeyes!!  (Read 1715 times)

Carson

Home on Saturday in time for the Buckeyes!!
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:43:38 am »
Dad got to come home 11/8 Saturday morning.....We pulled up to their house at 11 am.  The drs were going to let him out Friday but decided one more night wouldnt hurt!!  They promised him he would be home in time for kickoff and they were right!!

I gotta tell you we are all amazed...My dad is even in shock at how well he is doing!  He isnt happy that he is having issues with his face....but the paralysis is getting better everyday....Sunday morning his eyebrow wasnt so far down and he was soo happy!! 

The only complaint he has now is that his  back hurts.....so I spent the majority of my time massaging his back and arms.  I spent the night with them Saturday and came back home Sunday (in time for the Steelers to play  :))

Other than being bored (as he puts it) he is really just fabulous!!  Apt for the stitches to be removed is this Friday.  My brother will be bringing my parents up and then picking up their dog at my house.  My husband and my boys took care of him all of last week, and we decided to keep him this week b/c this dog is too funny.  He is a 120lb black lab who thinks he is a lap dog....so rather than have him sitting on my Dad's head he has been sitting on mine!!   ;)  He is the best dog, my husband want to keep him!! LOL  He figures he would be a better hunter than our female choco lab...who thinks she is a princess!! LOL 

I will continue the progress reports.....
TTYS,
Carson

Loving daughter to my
Father recovering from AN surgery
9/4/08 at The Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Welling and Dr. McGregor
GO BUCKS!!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Home on Saturday in time for the Buckeyes!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
Carson:

Thanks for the encouraging update on your dad.  This is just wonderful news and I appreciate your sharing it.  I hope your dad's recovery continues at this pace. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

wendysig

Re: Home on Saturday in time for the Buckeyes!!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:50:50 am »
Carson,
Glad to hear your dad is home and doing well.  His back is probably hurting from the awful hospital beds.  I had horrible pain for a few weeks and went to a chiropractor.  She did wonders for me -- I was hesitant to go at  first but it was amazing how much it helped me.  Please give your dad my best wishes for a qucik and otherwise uneventful recovery.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!