Author Topic: Acupuncture anyone?  (Read 1278 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Acupuncture anyone?
« on: August 29, 2008, 03:40:13 pm »
So, I tried this today, to help with the pins and needles and unpleasant sensations in my face.  I thought it was really good and it did help.  I intend on going back in two weeks for a full session, today's was a mini-session because I was late and got lost. But hey, at least I'm driving!  Was wondering about others and their experiences with acupuncture.
Best,
Marci (treating pins and needles WITH pins and needles)  ;D
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

lori67

Re: Acupuncture anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:27:23 pm »
Hey Marci.

I was all set to try accupuncture myself, as a last resort before having the 7-12 done.  I did go for one treatment, which didn't hurt or anything, but you know that gut feeling we all talk about when we find the right surgeon?  Well, I didn't have it with this accupuncturist.  I think if I had walked in to find a 200 year old Asian man who barely spoke English, I would have been okay with it, but this guy was a blonde haired, blue eyed kid (he was fresh out of accupuncture school) from the mid-west and something just didn't feel right about it.  So rather than trying to avoid hurting his feelings and keep going, I decided to tell him I'd decided on the surgery instead.  I just felt like my instincts have served me well so far, I'd probably better keep listening to them.

If you found someone you're comfortable with, I'd say stick with it.  It can't hurt.  Well, maybe the needles can hurt a little.... :D

Let me know how it goes.
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Acupuncture anyone?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:46:40 pm »
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I think I would have preferred an old Chinese man in a cool looking room with thousands of jars of weird things, but alas, not in northeast Ohio.  The woman I went to comes highly recommended--she sees a lot of folks in my little college town--and I liked her immediately.  I probably would have been happier without the new age music but that's ok.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.