Author Topic: The MRI lab called tonight!  (Read 2079 times)

jw

The MRI lab called tonight!
« on: October 28, 2005, 04:06:51 pm »
Well, they called tonight around 6 p.m. Incidentally, they close at 3 p.m.

They wanted me to know that the radiologist had seen my scans, had interpreted them and written a report. It has been mailed to the doctor. Apparently, they mail the reports to the doctor. They also said that my doctor should call them Monday morning and that they would fax a report to him so that he can go over it with me on Monday.

Now, I'm back to wondering. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I guess I have a dozen reasons why this could be good, or could be bad. I don't know. If nothing else, I'll have the news on Monday instead of next Friday, so that's good.

Any thoughts?

I'll post a note on Monday when I hear from the doctor.    ???

Looks like this weekend will see me a tad bit 'edgy'!
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

jamie

Re: The MRI lab called tonight!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 05:13:06 pm »
I wouldn't look at it as bad or good yet. The radiologists are not supposed to tell you the results, instead they must be sent to the ordering physician who then tells you the results. I wouldn't dwell on it, enjoy your weekend (easy for me to say, right?).
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

JHager

Re: The MRI lab called tonight!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 12:30:04 pm »
John,

We're pulling for you!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.