Author Topic: I've Missed All of You!  (Read 1907 times)

Mimispree

• HUG A NURSE TODAY!
I've Missed All of You!
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:00:00 pm »
Hello All:

I've been away from the forum for a long time because I didn't want to share my "bad" story after having a Trigeminal nerve graft that went wrong last October 8, 2015.  But Brie sent me a PM and thanks to her I took a few minutes to re-read some messages of loving support you all offered me.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I may not have had an AN, but rather a brain stem tumor that really ate-up my facial nerve.  So yes, two years after my initial surgery to debulk my tumor, I am still completely paralyzed on the right-side of my face.  I have had a gold weight implanted (3/15), and then had it adjusted because it slid up right after surgery, and now it's been re-positioned so low it looks like it's poking out of my eyelid and it's scratching my cornea.  BUT, when I can handle having another surgery, I will have it readjusted again.  It really helps, even mine with all of its bad positioning.

I also had a Trigeminal nerve graft, and my story is not good, but even if the surgery went well I don't think I would feel like it's worth another surgery.  In my case it didn't work, the surgery went wrong, it was a nightmare.  It resulted in my being dizzier than before, which makes me more exhausted, unstable and unhappy. BUT, because I'm dizzy all the time I don't have any problem cutting back on eating and I've lost weight!  I tell my friends to be careful asking God to help them lose weight, because you may get a brain tumor and afterwards you may be dizzy all the time and lose your appetite because you're always a bit nauseous: God helps us diet in mysterious ways...

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all again for your love and support and I'll stay in better touch. 

Love,
Mimispree
2.8cm Trigeminal Neuralgia tumor removed Translabyrinthine approach on July 31, 2014 at the University of Utah Health Center.
Dr. Clough Shelton and Dr. William Couldwell.
SSD; Right side facial paralysis; Poor right eye sight; Dizzy 24/7; Eyelid implant 02/215; Sense of humor intact.