Author Topic: Tinnitus & Dizziness & blood pressure  (Read 1952 times)

Hweiss

Tinnitus & Dizziness & blood pressure
« on: March 18, 2014, 02:16:28 pm »
   I am curious if anyone else notices this. There is no question that the my tinnitus has gotten worse post op. I am no experiencing some dizziness that was not there before. I understand these things to be common. I am assured by my Neurosurgeon that the dizziness will subside in time.
   What I notice is that both symptoms become more severe when I get upset or my heart rate goes up. If I get nervous for any reason, the louder the pitch becomes and I start to spin. Does anyone else notice this???
1.1 x 0.7 x 0.7 (MI by AT by CC) cm Acoustic Neuroma/vestibular schwannoma in left IAC.
GK 10/08/2013
Follow Up MRI 2/10/2014 No Change

kawman600

Re: Tinnitus & Dizziness & blood pressure
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »
I don't know about the heart rate but my balance and tinnitus issues become worse with stress and fatigue and i am 5 years post op.

Echo

Re: Tinnitus & Dizziness & blood pressure
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 06:12:48 pm »
I had GK shortly ahead of you and I agree with Kawman600, stress and fatigue definitely increase my symptoms.  I'm also sensitive to changes in barometric pressure and the weather.  It's mostly my balance that is the biggest issue, but my tinnitus has been changing a bit lately. It's always been a rather subtle white noise that's been easy to ignore, but for the last month at night it sometimes sounds like a mosquito buzzing around inside my head! 

Cathie
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital