Author Topic: Pupil dilation?  (Read 7354 times)

Kennystiebs

Pupil dilation?
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:18:53 pm »
Hey, I'm about 8 months removed from my AN surgery and I'm doing well. I'm starting to feel normal again. I still have some issues but for the most part I'm doing well. Next month I'm getting my facial surgery dealing with my hypoglossel nerve so I'm looking forward to getting that over with and that will be my last surgery. However, one thing is still bothering me. And that's my left pupil. It's still very dilated and if it's really sunny out its hard for me to see as my eye is very sensitive to the light. My doctors don't seem to know why it's dilated or what caused it. Does anyone else have this problem or know of anyone that has. Its really annoying going outside and not being able to look straight ahead because of the sun.
4.3cm tumor removed - resigmoid approach August 24, 2011(Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania)
Left sided paralysis, facial nerve cut, SSD, left eye pupil dilation
Platinum weight surgery December 23, 2011
Csf leak repaired february 9, 2012
12/7 graft May 3, 2012

Brewers7

Re: Pupil dilation?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:41:32 pm »
Do you have a scopolomine (sp?) patch?  My husband changed my patch and then scratched his eye.  After a scary trip to the emergency room, we learned that the patch can cause one eye to dialate.   Although I do not remember one of my eyes to be dialated, my left eye would not move in tandem with my left eye, causing double vision for months.  Fun stuff.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Kennystiebs

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:05:49 pm »
Nope no patch, it's been like this since the day after surgery but no one knows why it it, it's frustrating. It's not unbearable just extremely annoying
4.3cm tumor removed - resigmoid approach August 24, 2011(Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania)
Left sided paralysis, facial nerve cut, SSD, left eye pupil dilation
Platinum weight surgery December 23, 2011
Csf leak repaired february 9, 2012
12/7 graft May 3, 2012

leeclinton

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »
I have not noticed any unilateral eye dilation differences, but I have been sensitive to sunlight too since my surgery. It just seems to bright!
3.3 cm AN removal Jan. 2012

mandyirwin

• Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »
My pupil has been dilated since my second surgery. Some days seem better than others, but for two months now and I can say that my right pupil has been larger left, 'non-surgery' eye.
4.8 cm tumor removed, two surgeries, resigmoid approach, February 29, 2012 and March 18, 2012 at Mass General Hospital (Martuza/Smullen), right-side weakness (more movement now), SSD, platinum eyelid weight March 20, 2012