Author Topic: 2nd post op MRI complete  (Read 2423 times)

opp2

2nd post op MRI complete
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:29:20 am »
I had my second (and annual I guess) post op MRI yesterday. It went well. I don't get the report but I do get the disc. I have a normal looking head so I think the report will be positive. I have to send the disc off to Dr. Akagami this week.

I really have nothing to report, which is in the case of us AN'ers...always good news.

Keep the faith all,

Nikki
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: 2nd post op MRI complete
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »
Hi Nikki .....

Sounds like the report will be a good one ..... boring reports (or nothing to report) are always good!  Congratulations!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mk

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »
Hi Nikki,

I was just thinking about you and that you would be having your annual MRI soon. I am sure that you will get a good report from Dr. Akagami. The most important evidence though is that you are feeling good.

By the way, are you noticing improvements in your dry eye? I asked Dr. A. about it and he responded that usually improvements happen within 6 months to a year. So I was wondering if you have noticed any progress.

Take care and keep us posted about the report
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:09:53 am »
Hi Nikki,
You've made the trip on the long road of ANs.   I am hoping for you that the results are boring.   We all have had far too much excitement in our lives.

Hugs,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

opp2

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 09:00:26 am »
Hi Marianna, no the eye is still status quo, but it isn't too bothersome. As I sit here typing it is watering for no reason. Still no crying tears, but lots of workout tears...It's not so bad though.

How about yours?
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.