Author Topic: Planning to get fractionated by Andrews and Company at Thomas Jefferson  (Read 2854 times)

paul71

Howdy folks!

So Yesterday I had my 2nd opinion appointment with Dr Andrews at Thomas Jefferson and am I glad I did. He was very warm, intelligent and informative. He only wished he could have seen me when I had my first MRI and audiogram back in October 2010 as he said as soon as he saw the asymmetry between both ears he would not have suggested for me to wait and see, which is what the University of Penn doctor said was an option. Was not getting a good vibe at all from him either.

So now i am waiting to hear back from Andrews' office as they review my case and most likely will recommend the fractionated treatments (25 of them).

So this is it. I am anxious and can't wait to get things started.

Peace,
Paul
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:11:13 pm by paul71 »

jbbrown15

I finished my 26 treatments at Jeff at the end of November.  My 3 month follow-up MRI showed that the tumor cells were already dying.  I lost more hearing than Andrews anticipated, but I still have some.

Good luck to you.  

Jean
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:16:55 pm by Jim Scott »
Jean
2.9 cm AN on left side diagnosed 9/9/2010
Finished 26 sessions of fractionated stereotactic radiation on 11/22/2010
Symptoms of increased intracranial pressure since summer of 2010. Trying to determine if related to AN.  Some good doctors say yes, some good doctors say no.

momroe59

Paul,
I had Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy in 1999 by Dr Andrews. Loved him from the minute I met him. Although he is disappointed that I have lost most of my hearing in my AN ear, he is happy with the results. The tumor is dead, and I am free and clear from MRI's. Good luck to you, and tell Dr Andrews that "Posterchild Robin" says Hi! He'll understand.
Let us know how it goes.

jbbrown15

Have you started the treatments yet, Paul?  How's it going?

Jean
Jean
2.9 cm AN on left side diagnosed 9/9/2010
Finished 26 sessions of fractionated stereotactic radiation on 11/22/2010
Symptoms of increased intracranial pressure since summer of 2010. Trying to determine if related to AN.  Some good doctors say yes, some good doctors say no.