Author Topic: got my Transear today!  (Read 6743 times)

Brewers7

Re: got my Transear today!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 08:46:49 pm »
Sue.
     As a former singer and musician, I have also missed stereo sound.  The Transear is not the same as regular hearing in that regard, but it is a dramatic improvement from ssd.  Susan
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:24:59 am by Brewers7 »
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

toothcobbler

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:28 pm »
After another three or four months with your transear, are you still satisfied with it?

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 01:36:19 pm »
After another three or four months with your transear, are you still satisfied with it?

Yes, updates PLEASE!   There are not enough posts on here about the Transear.
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Brewers7

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 02:16:15 pm »
I am still very happy with my Transear.  When I had it for about a month, my dog got it and chewed the wire.  I sent it back for repair.  It took about two weeks to repair.  About a month ago I had to send it back again because the wire disconnected.  I was a little worried that the wire would be an ongoing problem but it has not been.  I had to pay for the first repair because it was my fault (or my dog's fault) and my initial warranty period was up.  No charge for the second repair.  I am a prosecutor.  The Transear has been very helpful to me in the courtroom.  I could hear most witnesses and the judge without it, but I had difficulty hearing defense lawyers or other prosecutors sitting on my deaf side.  Yesterday the court reporter complained that she could not hear a defendant on my deaf side and I could hear him.   Susan
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 05:06:17 pm »
That's GREAT, Susan!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!