Author Topic: started CK today  (Read 2137 times)

Susan B

started CK today
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:35:47 pm »
I know I only wrote one time when I got my original diagnosis of AN but I have continued to read a lot on this site. I mainly didn't write back because I forgot once again how to post. I can report that I am a kaiser patient who has been getting really good care at Oyster Point (South San Fran) and Redwood City. I choose CK and had my first treatment today. I wish I had talked / written to more people. I had convinced myself that I was prepared but felt really stressed lying there. The said I did well but they adjusted the mask tighter midway to keep even minimal movement under control. My heart was racing and I had chills up and down my arms and legs. i didn't signal for them to stop because i just wanted it over. My daughter recorded a CD for me but we are changing it to more classical type music tomorrow. Hopefully now that I know what to expect I will stay a little calmer. Hope this gets posted correctly and thanks to everyone that wrote to my original post the end of November.
Susan B

Jackie

Re: started CK today
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:17:12 pm »
Hello Susan B,

Wish that we could have sent you off to CK with all our good wishes and prayers, we sure would have if we had known! So let me say that I am praying that you will have an easy time of it, relax, know that you are being cared for by many forum members and we pray for a speedy recovery with no side effects. Please share your experience when you are a postie! Good-luck much love and blessings,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: started CK today
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:05:37 pm »
Hi, Susan ~

Thanks for posting your first-day CK 'report'.  I'm sorry you were so nervous but it seems as if you got through it fairly well, all things being considered.  I trust your future treatments will be less stressful and, of course, completely successful!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.