Author Topic: fell down...  (Read 6275 times)

ombrerose4

Re: fell down...
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 09:57:36 am »
Thank you for all your support. It's true that we ANers' need to be more cautious, its just hard to remember that when you are having a good day (which I was before I fell :( ). The worst part is that I have to stop my vestibular therapy because of my ankle injury, and I was making such good progress. I miss the part of therapy where she stretches and manipulates my neck muscles. Oh well, just another setback in the grand scheme of it all. Some things are just out of our control.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 04:17:26 pm »
Hey Lauren-

I am just getting caught up with everything on the Forum and saw your post - yikes!  Actually, Wendy told me you had fallen when I talked to her yesterday, but she said that you were still having your BAHA surgery this week?  I'll have to look for your update on that - hope it went/goes well!

Look forward to seeing you again at the next AN brunch in NY.  In the meantime, no more falling!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 09:35:58 am »
Just wanted to say good luck with your surgery and as far as the VT keep doing the treatment with your eyes on a daily basis that one helps alot.

My prayers are with you,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

ombrerose4

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 03:44:22 pm »
Last night I had a mri of my ankle and todays report is not what I was hoping for :(  I have a complete rupture of the anterior talofibular ligament. Although I have been in an aircast for the past 2 weeks, dr. says healing will be quicker in a hard cast. So, since I am pressed for time in this healing, I am due to return to nursing school on 1/28 and hospital clinicals by 2/11 so I have to heal fast, tomorrow after my post op BAHA visit with Dr. Choe I will be getting my hard cast. Please say a healing prayer for me , because nursing third semester is waiting for me.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »
Hi, Lauren ~

I'm truly sorry to learn about the extent of your ankle injury and the necessity of wearing a hard cast.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 05:44:40 pm »
Lauren -

so sorry to hear this.  Healing prayers coming your way.

Good luck with the BAHA appt. tomorrow - hope your site is healing well.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jackie

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 06:16:48 pm »
Ombrerose4,

Sending healing blessings to you!!! I know how important nursing school is, my cousin is in school in Southern Cal. and I know the schedule is grueling! I hope that you mend quickly, we need more nurses!!!

Jackie in Oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

another NY postie

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 06:40:58 pm »
Healing prayers winging their way to you...I broke my ankle about five years ago so I know that whole routine...hard cast to cam boot to air cast...hope you heal swiftly and that your third semester goes well!
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

ombrerose4

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »
You guys are all the best, thank you for being there for me  :) I tell everyone how wonderful the people on this forum are- it truly is a family! I could never make it through all these ups and downs without all of you!! I'm getting married on Sunday, so think of me - the bride with the cast (we'll be having a cast signing, lol). You know after having the AN and all the other issues you really appreciate life's little joys, along with the chocolate covered strawberries my friend brought over today.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

ombrerose4

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 09:50:25 pm »
One last thing I forgot to mention. I asked everyone coming to the wedding and all my relatives and friends not coming (small wedding only 21 people) that in lieu of giving Alan and me any gifts that they send a donation to the ANA in our honor. Just wanted to share that.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »
Lauren -

that is a fantastic idea and I'd like to make a donation in honor of you and Alan and your marriage also.

Please PM me your soon-to-be last name.

Thanks!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 07:21:56 am »
Lauren,

Sorry to hear about all the damage to your ankle and hope you won't have a lot of trouble walking down the aisle on Sunday. The hard cast will probably give you better support and hopefully make your ankle feel better too (I've fractured a few bones and speak from experience).  I'm sending prayers that you heal quickly.  Having you r friends make donations to the ANA is a truly generous thing to do and I have to agree that I think of the people here as my second family -- they are great!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 07:47:51 am »
You guys are all the best, thank you for being there for me  :) I tell everyone how wonderful the people on this forum are- it truly is a family! I could never make it through all these ups and downs without all of you!! I'm getting married on Sunday, so think of me - the bride with the cast (we'll be having a cast signing, lol). You know after having the AN and all the other issues you really appreciate life's little joys, along with the chocolate covered strawberries my friend brought over today.

Best Wishes to you and your husband-to-be on Sunday may you have a Wonderful life together.

Regards,

Pat
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:25:18 am by sgerrard »
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Lynn Mc

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 02:13:05 pm »
WOW!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Cast & all.  Hopefully you heal really quick & can put all this not so good stuff behind you. 

Again Congrats & what a wonderful thing you are doing for AN.

Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"