Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 1786 times)

Lynn Mc

Thank You
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:13:10 am »
Wish I had found this forum last year.  Although I probably would not have read it as I have been in total denial,  this was NOT happening to me.  But it was & is!  I was ignoring all the symptoms, brushing them off with silly excuses.  All the while the headaches, freight train in my head (sure do hate the whistle), lost hearing, loopy balance & fatigue continually got worse.  Well it is happening to me & all the info here is wonderful.  I am both petrified and relieved.  I really wanted to thank everyone for sharing themselves here.  I will continue to be an avid reader. 

Thank You So Much,

Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:32:50 am »
Welcome to our little corner of the world!  We are sorry for the circumstances that led you here, but be assured that you are in the very best of company. Petrified and relieved are but a few of the emotions you will experience, and we will hold your hand through all of them.  Bring all your questions, fears, tears, doubts, and worries to the table and we'll help you sort them out.  Tell us more about your situation.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:10:35 pm »
Welcome aboard to our little exclusive club, Lynn.  I think your story is very commonplace with people on this forum.  Many of us had symptoms that we just chalked up to other reasons..  Over the years, I've had (Jenni thinks) a seizure, minor balance problems, headaches, sinus infections (had 4 in the year of diagnosis alone), etc..  You're not alone in this.  We're here to help in any way that we can.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 04:35:52 pm »
Lynn ~

Thanks for your generous words.  I'm so pleased to learn that the ANA forums have been so helpful to you. 

Your emotions are both normal and somewhat predictable. Although most of us eventually adapt to the reality of the situation (and are relieved it's not a malignant tumor) few AN patients greet the diagnosis with equanimity.  I didn't, although, like many, I countered my fears with a determined search for knowledge and with it, understanding of what I had to deal with.  That led me to a superb neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist - and eventually, a very successful outcome to my AN journey.  I wish the same for you, Lynn, as you look forward to your surgery at MEE and MGH just 6 weeks from now.  You have great doctors with an excellent 'track record' as well as a host of friends here, all rooting for you.  I think you'll do just fine.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:24:35 pm »
Lynn -

just wanted to echo Pooter (Brian).  We're here to help you in any way we can.  Please don't hesitate to lean on us.

You'll get through this, like Jim said, you're in great hands.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 10:23:17 pm »
Welcome, and best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery,

this is a great place for learning, sharing, and laughing..lots of great folks here who help keep things in perspective

again, welcome
Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington

Vivian B.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 06:17:14 am »
Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to find comfort and information. Denial is normal but at some point we need to deal with it and here you will see that everyone has gone through pretty much the same experiences and that you a re not alone.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.