Author Topic: Oticon Ponto User Manual  (Read 5456 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Oticon Ponto User Manual
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:42:30 am »
Everyone,

I was doing some research (again) into BAHA, TransEar and now the Oticon Ponto.  I ran across this User Manual for the Ponto that I thought others might find useful.

http://www.oticonmedical.com/oticon_medical/com/AboutOticonMedical/About/Downloads/5.OM_User_manual_A6_US_UK.pdf

Enjoy!

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Oticon Ponto User Manual
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:17:11 pm »
Thanks, Brian.

I haven't had a chance to demo the Ponto yet - it's supposed to be available this month - but I plan on doing so before I decide between it and the new BP100 from Cochlear.  They are pretty similar - I think the biggest differences are the shape of the two devices and the location of the programming buttons.

Both are supposed to have improved directionality and be more useful in crowded and/or noisy rooms.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

grega

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 09:17:48 am »
Two biggie thumbs UP to you, Brain, for posting the link!

I noticed one strange statement at the bottom of page 41 .... regarding what to do for an MRI.  It says to disconnect the sound processor, but "The implant and the abutment can remain in place."

I am so relieved to hear that!  I'm guessing that many who have baha thought they might have an option ..... ::)

Stay well!
Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:26:24 pm »
I noticed one strange statement at the bottom of page 41 .... regarding what to do for an MRI.  It says to disconnect the sound processor, but "The implant and the abutment can remain in place."

I am so relieved to hear that! 

I didn't catch that - very amusing!  My Divino actually came with a little laminated card that explains what a BAHA is in case you need to explain it to airport personnel.  Strange thing is, titanium doesn't set off metal detectors, so airport personnel are pretty oblivious to the fact that people have BAHAs. 

I usually go through airports without my Divino on my head, but on my last trip, to San Diego in August, I decided to wear it attached to my head when I walked through the metal detectors @ O'Hare just to see if security would pick up on it.  Supposedly the machines there pick up details like this on the screen.  No one stopped me - and I even had my little card laminated card handy.  Truthfully, I was a little disappointed  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

grega

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 08:03:27 am »
Sorry to hear that Jan.  Perhaps you can get your name on one of those "watch that person" registries if ya really want to ..... I've heard those people are very accomodating, and supposedly it's easy to do.  :o

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:41:45 pm »
Grega -

you crack me up  :D

What can I say, I lead a very boring life  ;D

Jan