Author Topic: The comical world of having an AN  (Read 11087 times)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Re: The comical world of having an AN
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 11:56:35 am »
here Greg is your beer one.  ;D
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
I teach kindergarten and my students were so loving and understanding when I returned to work. It was October (4 months post op) and picture day and man was I dreading it but I put on my brave face (paralysis and all) and got my students ready to go to the gym. I sat in the rocking chair looked at them and said "Okay when we go to get our pictures taken I want you to smile nicely like this (remember I can't smile so I held up my paralyzed side with my hand).
We get to the gym and the photographer says "Smile" and my whole class is using their hands to hold up half of their face to smile. The photographer looked so perplexed until I explained it to her and we both laughed. They were just doing exactly what I had asked. I looked at the photographer and said "Can you please show them how to smile?".  ;D ::)
Michelle  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:01:27 pm by mimoore »
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »
Michelle ~

Your story is both poignant and humorous - and demonstrates the innocence of young children who obviously are very attentive to their teacher.  Thanks! :D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 02:41:34 pm »
Michelle .....

What a neat, heart-warming story ...... oh that adults could be as innocent and unassuming!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011