Author Topic: Sleep swallow crash  (Read 5040 times)

Seal

Re: Sleep swallow crash
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 09:54:02 am »
Nancy,

Same here.   On Wednesday night, I woke up at 11:45 for the tampering steroid dosage, and then stared at the sealing while my wife zonked back into dreamland.    I finally took a percoset at 2:30AM and that did the trick.     I've had no headaches, and I was very blessed not to have any real eye or facial paralysis.     So the only thing has been the balance which already feels better and the insomnia.     I took at hot bath last night which really relaxed me, and then the two percosets put me down for the count.    Except for the 1200 midnight feeding, I stayed asleep finally until the 2 year old wanted pancakes from mom at 5:30AM.      I've got no complaints, but try a warm bath just to relax.    I'm really only going to use the percoset if I can't knock off while I'm still on the tapering steroids.     I also noticed that I was so happy to be home and everything was done that my mind was racing about business, fishing, and biking.  I'm already biting at the bit.      The only downside is that my nickname this week around the house is Frankenstein...................

Steve
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 11:55:32 am »
Hey, Steve, maybe you can answer my fish question even if it is fresh water on my Day 9 in my favorite place in the world thread.

I haven't had any pain killers since 28 hours post-op for level 3 or 4 headaches, and I likes me beer and wine, so last night we had a nice glass of Merlot before and an 1888 Bock with dinner, and I slept like a baby.  Sorry, Angie, that was before I got the liver reminder.
I'm not tapering as quickly as you are because of my facial weakness post-op, but I'll be totally off on Thursday morning if my stitch removal appointment on Monday morning at McKenna's doesn't put me on a second course.
My balance has not suffered.  I just feel like I'm fighting to stay vertical, leaning toward my good side while sitting or standing.  Walking around unassisted is really no problem even turning head side to side and up and down.
Double vision left five days post-op.
Final got digestive thing going again.
I've been cleaning out the garage, organizing the barn, . . . hope I can maintain the energy level . . . this is fun!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 12:29:38 pm »
Nancy~
Can you head for Texas next - I need some major help in the organizational department??  :D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!