Author Topic: one year today  (Read 2739 times)

elderbirds

one year today
« on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:23 pm »
Hi to all of my AN buddies,
I had my one year follow-up MRI and MD appointments today, exactly 1 year after my surgery and I am thrilled to report all clear!  they really feel my AN originated on my facial nerve not on the vestibular nerve which apparently only 3% of all ANs originate.  So...I am more unique than I thought!  This is also why the docs feel that my facial nerve is taking a long time to recover.  I am still seeing improvements.  Just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your encouragement and support over the past year.  I will continue to check in and look forwrd to meeting many of you in Chicago!
Fondly,
Hope

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Re: one year today
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:18 pm »
Hope,

Congratulations on a clean MRI and continued improvement with your facial issues.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:04:11 pm »
Hope~
Glad to hear that everythign is GREAT!!  It's that good 'ole Johns Hopkins water or something!!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:08:11 pm »
Hey, great news! I will see you in Chicago, Hope. Take care and don't be a stranger. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 11:47:11 pm »
Hope:

Congrats on your clean MRI and I hope your facial nerve comes around sooner than later.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:38:03 am »
Hope

Its always good to here that another one bites the dust (AN).  Clean MRIs are what we all look forward to.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:16:48 am »
Hope ~

It's good to see you return to the forums with such a positive post!  Let me cheerfully add my congratulations to the chorus and wish you a lifetime of clear MRI scans.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jtd71465

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 04:15:28 pm »
Hope,

Great to hear.  If you have the chance and want call me...it's always great to talk to old friends.

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

marymomof3

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:58 pm »
Hi Hope!!!!  Great to read your post.  I am so happy for you and the great news that your MRI was clear.  I just had my 1 year MRI as well, and got good news too! 
I've been checking in on this site every so often... so it was nice to see your post.

How's the hubby and kids?  I'd love to catch up!

On a different note, I have to second Hope's comment to everyone.  The amount of support I received from my AN family was tremendous and I can never thank you all enough!!!

Mary
Diagnosed Jan 21, 2008 w/1.8CM AN on left side.  Had is removed on March 19th at NYU.  And I am super grateful for such wonderful doctors!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 07:56:39 am »
Hope!  You are coming to Chicago for the symposium! ;D   I am so happy to hear that and I too look forward to meeting you, too!

I can't believe it's been one year since your surgery.  Great news about your MRI  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 09:18:46 pm »
as we say in Texas YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ;D

congrats on 1 year and its great results.................
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 11:52:55 am »
Hi Hope-

Wow - can't believe it has been a year!  You were one of the very first people I talked to and I remember talking to you very shortly after your surgery - you have such a special place in my heart.  I couldn't believe that you were willing to talk to me just a week after you had surgery.  I am so excited to hear that you are going to Chicago - so are Willie and I!  Can't wait to meet you in person.

hugs,
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 08:28:30 am »
Hope!!!!!!! Great to hear from you and thank you for  checking in and letting us know the update! Congrats on the great news and plu-eeeeze don't be such a stranger!

Congrats!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"