Author Topic: New Forums are great, but...  (Read 6162 times)

bonehead

New Forums are great, but...
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:21:36 pm »
There was a significant amount of excellent information in the old guestbook pages.  I found it handy to search by doctor name in those pages to find other patients of the doctor I was about to select.

Will ANA provide links to these archives?

Jon Bonesteel
2.0 cm removed via retrosigmoid 4/7/2004
Dr. Sisti and Dr. Wazen
Columbia Presbyterian, NYC

Becky

Re: New Forums are great, but...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 06:46:43 pm »
What doctor were you about to select?
Becky
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 07:33:27 am by Becky »

bonehead

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 07:17:22 pm »
Becky,

I ended up going with Dr. Sisti at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC, but it's a long story better suited for another area here.  If you'd like to contact me directly via email I'd be happy to share with you off the board.

Jon
2.0 cm removed via retrosigmoid 4/7/2004
Dr. Sisti and Dr. Wazen
Columbia Presbyterian, NYC

annmarie

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 09:46:38 pm »
I agree with bonehead.  The old guest book was filled with useful information about doctors, hospitals, post-surgery complications - all the things you want to know when  you're trying to figure out what you should do. Also, I find this format very confusing. I'm not computer savvy and and get frustrated with all these steps and links.

Wendy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:10:00 pm »

I for one find this font size difficult to read.  Any suggestions on a larger, bolder look for readability?
Wendy

Steve_D

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 10:54:31 pm »
Hi Wendy,
Most web browsers have a way to increase or decrease font size. Look under the "View" menu and see what's there.

Wendy

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 11:19:02 pm »
Many thanks, Steve.  Simple, obvious, and effective.  At last I can stop struggling and proceed with learning my way around the new site.
Wendy (suitably chastened and helped)

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:13:07 pm »
wendy through trial and error I found that if I click on the a with the arrow running up and down and manually change the size it increases the font.  After my surgery I had a real hard time with this size font.  I do think they standard should be larger

This board is easier compared to some I've seen.  One board I can't tell when anyone posts even though they send me an email telling there is a new post.

Bonehead you posted in another thread which does get confusing.  if you want to start a new thread clicik on the sub heading you want to place it in and then click new topic to post.  oops I clicked on another thread and this one popped up. strange but happens so sorry bonehead your post was there where it should be!

For those of you who are newbies any of us hero, full members, senior members as indicated by the little thing by our screen names will be more than happy to answer any emails with questions.  Most of us have our personal emails listed or you can email us directly through the sever if you chose to.

Hope that helps! :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:16:07 pm by battyprincess »

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 03:25:02 pm »
Anyone having trouble with the font size can go to the tippy top of the window where it says "view" in between "edit" and "favorites"--click text size and pick "largest."
I can see it even without the bifocals!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 03:27:24 pm »
Oh wow, ya learn something new everyday! 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 05:06:17 pm »
my bifocals worked!  ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"