Author Topic: CK done!  (Read 1554 times)

sher

CK done!
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:38:02 pm »
I am done with CK!!!!!!!!!whoot whoot!!!!!!!!!! My husband brought me roses with a happy face balloon, saying congratulations sweetheart, you're done.... Boy they cranked up the music today!!! I am hoping that swelling is minimal...
Thank you ALL for your kind words and encouragement. I don't know what I would of done without this forum. And I know that you are all there in the next months if I need you.
Thanks again and God bless!!
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

NL

Re: CK done!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:13:20 pm »
Hi Sher,

Congratulations on completing your CK treatment! Looks like you have a wonderful family to help you celebrate!

All the best,

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:58:21 pm »
Hi Sher!
Congratulations on completing your CK treatment!!!  It sounds like you and your hubby are off to a good start celebrating the beginning of the end of your AN.  I hope it dies a fairly quiet death and doesn't bother you too much.

Wishing you all good things,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

andrea in slc

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:25:47 pm »
Yay! You are done! Congratulations! And what a sweet hubby to give you flowers!

Now we send nasty vibes to the tumor ~~~~ Die nasty thing, die! Feel that radiation and expire!~~~

There, can ya feel it already?  ;) 

Andrea

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 05:49:51 am »
YAY Sher, you postie-toastie! Congrats! So..... well..... did I win the bet? huh? ;)

Onward and upward to booger death! Now, hang in there, exercise... rest.... and let's get that sucker dead!

Roses, eh? I think the last thing the bloke bought me was a dust buster... yay me... :)

Congratulations!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:00:21 am »
Sher:

Let me add my congratulations for your successful completion of the CK treatment protocol.  I hope (and will pray) that the swelling is minimal and that your AN is now on 'death row' with a one-way ticket to oblivion.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.