Author Topic: Another person has AN in my little town !!  (Read 1403 times)

kat

Another person has AN in my little town !!
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:15:01 am »
 HI everyone

I found out a few days ago that a person whom I see around almost dailly has been diagnosed with AN !! He lives practically
round the corner from me and that is not all since he told me about another 2 who have AN's in our town ! The population is
about 13500 . I have given him details of this forum but whether he will be posting will of course be his decicion . It is possibly
because I have not gone public about my AN that I have not heard about the other two cases. 

Maybe AN's are not as rare as we think after all .

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

satman

Re: Another person has AN in my little town !!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 07:47:04 am »
I think medical technology has gotten better,due to that, I believe more AN's are being found these days compared to the
earlier years.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 08:01:29 am »
Very interesting.  We've had a lot of people from Ohio diagnosed with ANs recently, too.

Perhaps as Satman says, it's because doctors are better informed as to what symptoms to look for.  That would be great because hopefully they'll diagnose more ANs when they are smaller in size rather than larger.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 09:38:10 am »
Kat,
I visited my parents last summer in Ill. and they intoduced me to someone in our church who has an AN and he intoduced me to 2 other people in town with ANs.  Thats at least 4 of us from the same town Pop. 17,500.  I read somewhere that about 2% of the population has ANs but very few grow large enough to cause problems or are never diagnosed.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany