Author Topic: 6-month MRI - waiting for report  (Read 3481 times)

OTO

6-month MRI - waiting for report
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:56:58 pm »
I had my six-month MRI on saturday 11/24/07....  waiting for follow up with my ENT on 12/8/07 for the analysis.   

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: 6-month MRI - waiting for report
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:25:50 pm »
I can relate to waiting for the follow-up MRI.  It can really be a stressful event.  Try to concentrate on the positive and know that you made the right decision based upon research and plain 'ol gut instinct.  I'll pray for the best for you.  ;)

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

candtlaw

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 02:56:28 pm »
oh my what a long time to wait. Hang in there....... hugs and prayers
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

OTO

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 01:09:58 pm »
Met with ENT and got report...

"Compared to 02/03/2007.  Interval resection of previous left internal auditory canal enhancing mass.  No significant left IAC abnormal enhancement.  No abnormal enhancement or mass within the right internal auditory canal or bilateral cerebellopontine angles.

Impression:
Interval resection of left internal auditory canal acoustic schwannoma.  No evidence of residual or recurrent tumor."

Looks like I'm good to go...

TP

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 01:35:54 pm »
OTO, first of all - great news! I am sure you are very pleased and relieved. We are very happy to hear the good news!

Second, why did it take so long to get your results? Maybe I am just spoiled because when they schedule my MRI I also have a Dr's appt with my neuro the same day about 2 hours after my MRI is scheduled. Before I leave the MRI area (St. Vincents hospital) they give me a CD and I take that to my neuro Dr (across the road from the hospital) and he reviews right in front of me. I see all the pretty pictures of my brain and my Dr tells me the news immediately. I think it is horrible people have to wait so long to get results....

4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 01:45:24 pm »
Yeahh! Great news!
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Mark

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:38:07 pm »
Congratulations OTO!

I don't think you could ask for a much better than that. Great news that the bugger is gone  :D

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 04:02:45 pm »
YEAH FOR OTO !!!!!!     HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

candtlaw

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 06:29:48 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS :)  That is wonderful Otto!
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 11:32:29 am »
Oto,
  Excellent holiday news.  Even though I'm not expecting the tumor to regrow, it's still a relief to have it confirmed each time I get another MRI.  At Duke, I can get a copy of the MRI on CD, and a copy of the radiologist's report, the day after the MRI (for free).  That way I can have it in hand when I get the neurosurgeon's readout on the MRI.  If you decide to get the radiologist report early next time, just remember that your doctor may interpret the MRI slightly differently than the radiologist, from their more detailed and experienced knowledge of AN.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

OTO

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 06:47:32 pm »
Thanks everyone.

One of my challenges is that I had my surgery at the House Clinic in LA, but I live in Hawaii.   I got the postcard reminder from House to get an MRI, and I called my local ENT to schedule it.   I was busy and he was busy, so I didn't make the follow up appointment right away.  Anyway, I picked up the MRI copy, and a copy of the radiologist report at the same time as the ENT appointment.  Then I went to FEDEX and sent everything to LA the next day.   I expect a phone call from my doctor at House any day now for his interpretation.