Author Topic: Need help with documenting the abuse  (Read 2858 times)

positive

Need help with documenting the abuse
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:49:17 pm »
Hello to everyone, I have been off the forum for a while.   My home computer is on the blink so I try to go to the local college and pull my emails occassionaly.  I really miss the communication here.
I went back to work in March 2006 after having the AN surgery.  Things have gone from bad to just abusive.  I have filed an EEO thru my agent EEO office.   I am trying to get the hostile work environment documented so that I will have something to fall back on.   My situation is terrible at work and I have tried to cope and ignore my coworkers and boss's harassment.  But enough is enough.  Is there someone out there who has the time to help me get thru the process.  There is so much paper work and deadlines.  I know they will offer mediation and I have not written down what I want as a resolution. 
Surgery @ House Ear Clinic.

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: Need help with documenting the abuse
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:32:44 pm »
Have you thought of consulting a lawyer?  They work on commission so they would get part of your settlement. 

If that doesn't change things at your work...I don't know what will...

GM
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

tony

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 12:48:13 am »
I cant really help with the legal bit
- your system is different to ours
You dont really explain the changes in your life post
treatment - but I guess there must be some
Looking forward the next 5-10 yrs
Its important to choose a path very carefully
- Many on this list try very hard to go back to
what they have always done ( a natural reaction for sure)
But, given the changes, its a path packed with obstructions
and many have to live with setbacks and dissappointments
It may just be that the smart move is
to seek a course, a work environment
where any changes really dont matter too much
(For Example I was, pre-OP, an International Salesman who could
drive 1,000 Kms in a day - I simply cant do that anymore
- nor can I lipread French or German ??!?!?!.....)
This meant I had the choice - to be a 55% salesman
or a 99.9% something else
I am not saying its easy - but I think its the smart call
No point being miserable at work
you will need a supportive environment
where you CAN control the pace, and the noise
I am now (by profession) a recruitment consultant
Given that you should never take advice from one....
My suggestion is book time with someone
who is a genuine "career counsellor"
- work out the strengths and weaknesses
choose a path where the odds are in your favour
GOOD LUCK
and Best Regards
Tony

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:55:46 am »
Please document all that is occuring (if any of these folks were nuts enough to put any of it in writing, print out everything!).  Suggestion would be to contact your local EEOC or state office of discrimination for assistance. There are some folks that offer free legal aid as well.  Please check your local State Atty's office for these types of services available.... just a thought.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

satman

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 08:21:30 am »
UNBELIEVEABLE !
have you been to your human resource dept ?
By all means get the dirtiest lawyer you can find and clean house .
Call the cops,documentation ,paper trail.
do you make a truck load of money there ? I would consider moving on and becoming the biggest pain
in the a_ _ they have ever heard of !
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 08:45:00 am by satman »
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

satman

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 08:28:51 am »
I see you had your surgery at house.
do you live in California ?
if so, they do have a law for stress,which means your off work and they still have to pay you your entire salary.
Clean house !
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:38:49 am by satman »
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Dealy

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 09:29:05 am »
I am an NF2-had radiation last summer. My co-workers make no attempt to accomodate me in lack of hearing etc. I have talked to my boss and her supervisor. They told me give them time and it will get better but it really has not. I work for our local college and technically iit is a State Job. So too answer your question. You need to document your contact with Supervisors and their failure to accomodate you. Depending on who you work for they may fall under ADA rules or not. It is a large business or institution they are very very cupable-but documentation is essential. It is going to be your word against theirs so get a good lawyer that know about Labor Laws-not just any attorney. Also your State EEOC can assist you in the process. This is not going to be easy for you-but if you feel it is worth the pain and aggravation see it through. This is more like psychological abuse. However-from my viewpoint-do not compromise your recovery from the AN Surgery. The stress may be more detrimental than you need. I have not filed any suits myself but am somewhat familiar with some cases. If it is a large business or institution you work for they will line up their lawyers against you-so be prepared to fight and not back down-this is why you need a good Attorney. Good luck and keep us informed. Thanks_ron

linnilue

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 08:28:20 pm »
My friend Heather is a labor attorney and I know her response would be DOCUMENT everything and hire an attorney immediately in your state.  Good Luck.
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Battyp

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 12:28:47 am »
Positive do you think they company needs training on how to deal with your issues? If so vocational rehabilitaion can help. They will also provide you with training for a new job is need be. It is a federally run program. Surely doesn't not hurt to contact them.

M