Author Topic: new granddaughter  (Read 6641 times)

Boppie

Re: new granddaughter
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 09:14:24 pm »
Cheryl, Grannnie,

I did some research on premature babies when my Fraternal Grandsons were delivered early.  One was petite, low birth weight (second percentile), and one was just borderline low birth weight.  At age 6 the petite one is average in height, and weight.  The second born, (he slept on top of his brother in utero), is in the 99th percentile of weight and height for all six year olds!  The stats say that premies will catch up to other kids in stature and weight by age 8 or nine years old.  So, you see, genetics and environment plays such an important role here.  One boy takes after the Mom, one boy takes after the Dad.  Medical technology is so wonderful for these children. 

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: new granddaughter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 10:59:37 pm »
Hey Cheryl: my niece was a preemie 23 years ago- she graduated from Tufts two years ago and now is working at Harvard doing just great!  Really the technology is amazing- congrats on baby girls (they are so much fun to buy for)!  Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys