Author Topic: 5weeks  (Read 3062 times)

MMusella

5weeks
« on: February 17, 2015, 01:25:45 pm »
Today is 5weeks since my surgery(translab 3.5 cm) and life is good..im still doing back to back vestibular rehabilitation and ot..(highly recommend) I just started yoga and have eye appointment(to see if my prescription changed?) I should be going back to work..hence my cabin fever..still get small headaches at night ,but my neurologists said its normal..time heals everything..I have almost all of.my facial nerve back..and I am doing everything I was doing before..so everything is on track,life is good..
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

ANGuy

Re: 5weeks
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 01:53:40 pm »
This is great!  Thanks for the encouragement to those of us who are pre-treatment.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

MMusella

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »
My next MRI is in 3months. They did get the whole tumor..after having the surgery I dont have a option but get better and move on..Im glad I had the surgery,I take alot less ibuprofen and I am leading a normal life..my next step eventually is look into hearing devices.I know I am to young to go through life with only hearing out of 1 ear..lol..plus I am constantly on the go..any words to anyone on the hearing would greatly be appreciated..
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

Mimispree

• HUG A NURSE TODAY!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 06:11:40 pm »
Michelle:

I'm just so glad you're doing so well.  I love your energy!  But after talking to you I know you need it!

I'm going to catch-up even though I'm already behind, but watch your back!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Love,
Michelle
2.8cm Trigeminal Neuralgia tumor removed Translabyrinthine approach on July 31, 2014 at the University of Utah Health Center.
Dr. Clough Shelton and Dr. William Couldwell.
SSD; Right side facial paralysis; Poor right eye sight; Dizzy 24/7; Eyelid implant 02/215; Sense of humor intact.

MMusella

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 07:06:12 am »
Today, I am driving myself to ot.&pt..its about a 30min. drive..but I have my freedom back..and it feels good..life is good

Mimispree

• HUG A NURSE TODAY!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 10:54:24 am »
Let us know how the driving went.

2.8cm Trigeminal Neuralgia tumor removed Translabyrinthine approach on July 31, 2014 at the University of Utah Health Center.
Dr. Clough Shelton and Dr. William Couldwell.
SSD; Right side facial paralysis; Poor right eye sight; Dizzy 24/7; Eyelid implant 02/215; Sense of humor intact.

MMusella

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 08:34:59 am »
Driving went great..(its like a bike,you don't forget), I am getting ready to see my surgeon again and go back to work..I am getting bored..so my house is cleaned and organized,im running out of things to do..life is good..
Michelle