Author Topic: Hints for dizziness?  (Read 2489 times)

Boppie

Hints for dizziness?
« on: August 20, 2006, 03:15:12 pm »
I notice dizziness when I am looking down as I walk.  My trick usually works.  I pull my chin up and look out and take extra effort to raise myself up to the balls of my feet for the next several steps. 

It is so important to remember how vision and balance are linked.

What are your tricks?

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Hints for dizziness?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 04:58:15 pm »
Wow!, isn't is interesting how different it is for all of us.  I go out hiking (on very moderate trails). Walking on the uneven/rocky gravely ground is good balance therapy. But for me I have to look down and really study the ground and not look around or I get the whirly's and loose my balance. It's especially bad when I am walking downhill if I look around the vertigo gets really bad. It kind of takes the fun out of hiking in a beautiful place and not being able to "look round" but then than give me excuses for lots of breaks. "Wait, I gotta stop and look around"/catch my breath?   Also when I go with a friend and we are talking I need to be infront or I find myself turning around as we talk and then I loose it as I spin back around while I am walking.
Patti UT

2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Hints for dizziness?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:53:37 am »
If I want to look around and enjoy the view, or look for my car, I "plant" myself and get good footing and then look around especially if the terrain ain't concrete or carpet! Movin' the ole eyeballs around glancin at stuff, like at the provisioners (grocery store to ye landlubbers)sure can give me the ragin whizzies! I try to keep my eyes on the ole horizon, or on stuff that ain't movin! The farther away the better.
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW