Author Topic: Dispassionate Research- Getting Serious  (Read 1689 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Dispassionate Research- Getting Serious
« on: March 22, 2012, 06:59:01 am »
Guys (especially moderators),

This "trip" can be especially daunting can't it?  It's a lot to process isn't it?

That is why, if you don't have someone on whom you can depend (like this forum here) it is my considered opinion that you reach out to someone who can help you get back on track, take a few days off to process the information you have learned so far and get back to your dispassionate research laying out your options pros and cons about differing options and proceed.

I have just taken some time off (licking my wounds time), and have taken the counsel of a wise soul ( in this case my sister) to realize that I am proceeding forward floundering not really exploring all my options for treatment but relying on the words of a few Doctors  ( not many) as I have relied on in the past.

DO NOT RUSH THIS DECISION, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

Take your time, do your research, take some time to feel sorry for yourself reflect a little, but in all cases, proceed forward bravely and with faith in yourself that you are fighting the good fight ,the fight for your own survival, don't let this trivial little AN weigh you down, rise up challenge it!

Get serious!  I am back! 

This journey for me is not over yet by a long shot, and I will keep you advised how it goes for me, for those of you that are newbies here, I am truly sorry that we have had to meet this way but together, we can gain courage and strength in numbers and can be a force for good health! In my honest opinion!

Disconnect yourself from your research , at times it may be overwhelming, at those times take a break, but continue your research and you will find a happy outcome, at least, I hope so with all of my heart!

The folks on this forum are the best, they like me will encourage you to make the right ( for you) choices and to never settle for second best!

I know, I use exlamation marks too much.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

sunfish

Re: Dispassionate Research- Getting Serious
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:35:09 pm »
Agreed.  Sometimes it's really important to take a break from this AN stuff for while.

Also, post-treatment for two years, I'm trying lately not to let my whole identity be wrapped up as a "survivor" of this tumor or let it define who I am.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC