Author Topic: Surgery scheduled March 7 Dr. Friedman at House  (Read 7636 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Surgery scheduled March 7 Dr. Friedman at House
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 03:05:06 pm »
Liz thank you. This is a horrible roller coaster ride. Sometimes I'm ready to just do this and have a positive mental attitude and then minutes later I'm a big chicken.  :-[
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Twindy

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »
Ahh...having trouble getting my reply to post, here goes again:
Same here!  What are you most afraid of?
Your pic looks like you have kid(s)...how old?

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »
Twindy
I do have kids. I have a 12 year old and a 4 year old (one seen in my pic). Both boys. Your a preschool teacher. Hands down to you. I couldn't handle a bunch of little ones. I do like little ones but not all at once  ;D
We shall keep each other posted on how are nerves are doing :)
What am I most afraid of? Hmmmm all of the above. Well besides the usual things to be afraid of I'd have to say facial issues and loosing my great hearing. What about you?
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Twindy

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 08:21:11 am »
Ah, two boys!  I bet they keep you busy!

cindyj

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 09:29:33 am »
So, you've made your decision, Mindy...now, be at peace about it knowing you will be in excellent hands out there...all the way from Dr. Friedman to the nurses on the floor at St. Vincent's...even the anesthesiologist was exceptional compared to others I've met in previous surgeries, he even came to visit me post-op - never had one do that :)

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:42 am »
Cindy
Thank you. I have made my decision. *sigh* I'm greatful to have such here wonderful people for support.

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:18 am »
Hey Mindy.  I just want to remind you that the waiting until surgery time was agonizing for us too.  I did adopt some positive mantras which helped.  Also, when the anxiety about it comes on, a therapeutic tool you can try is called"stop therapy".  When the feelings come..try visualizing a stop sign and say "stop" in your mind and even out loud.  I have used this with my clients and with myself.  I know how you feel, and you are on board with strong survivors and positive thinkers!  Hope today is a good day!
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:27 am »
Thanks Steph. I will use the "stop sign" effect. I'm just so glad that there are people here to support me. It also helps knowing that you just had surgery w/Dr. Friedman and Janet is scheduled the 27th and I am the 7th. Dr. Friedman is a busy man.  :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:31:40 am by mindyandy »