Author Topic: MRI Report question  (Read 1661 times)

luvzmutt

MRI Report question
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »
I just had my 2nd follow-up MRI on Monday for the AN on my right side (details are below in my sig). 

I did not get a copy of the report before I left the surgeons office, I received a copy yesterday from another clinic office.  There is something on the MRI that I am not familiar with, and since this is the first time I've seen my report from my January MRI, there are a few medical terms that I am not familiar with.  I'm not sure if they are related to the AN, but since I can't get in touch with my doctor right now, I thought I'd post on here.

Both the January 2011 MRI report and the report from Monday mention an ependymal nodule or nodular focus in the interbody of the right lateral ventricle. 

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this, or has seen in on their own reports.

Thanks,
Leslie 
Right side AN diagnosed 7/10 - 6.1 mm x 7.8 mm
1st follow-up MRI 1/10/11 - 0.9 x 0.3 x 0.4 cm
2nd follow-up MRI 7/11/11 - 1.0 x 0.7 x 0.6 cm
Follow-Up 12/20/11 - no noticeable change
MRI 11/26/12 - .5x1.0x.6 cm
MRI 10//21/13 - 0.8 x 1.0 x 0.7
Some hearing loss AN side and tinnitus
NF1 & optic glioma

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: MRI Report question
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:40:22 pm »
Hi, Leslie ~

An ependymal nodule is a localized growth.  They usually don't cause problems. The right lateral ventricle is an internal cavity in the cerebral hemisphere.  I'm not a physician and cannot speculate on the importance of these findings on your MRI scan - so be sure to talk to your doctor and ask the appropriate questions.  My conjecture is that you are O.K. - but again, I'm not a doctor.  When you receive a professional explanation of the terms used in the MRI report, please let us know the conclusion.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.