Author Topic: CK or GK in Atlanta Area  (Read 2275 times)

recharge

CK or GK in Atlanta Area
« on: August 01, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »
Hi ,

I am newly diagnosed with AN on Feb 2011 . I lost all my hearing in left ear. Thats when i went to the Dr. It was 9mmX5mmX6mm size in Feb and i was put in wait and watch mode. I am 35. I am going to have another MRI done this month. I am in Atlanta area. If this tumor has grown , then , i am planning to do either CK or GK here in atlanta or any nearby cities.

Can you guys please advise me what is best method to do CK vs GK? and best center to do this near atlanta. I am willing to travel to any near location.
I also started hearing some breathing sound in my left ear for the past 5 days. It's persistent. Does anyone know what is causing that breathing sound?

Thanks for your input.
Muru

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: CK or GK in Atlanta Area
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 07:18:16 am »
Hi Muru and welcome to this forum .....

I did not have radiation treatment for my AN, nor do I live in the Atlanta area.  However, many people on this forum are from that area and will most certainly soon give you some guidance on that.

Just wanted to suggest that the breathing sound you are now hearing could very well be tinnitus, which is a common occurrence with acoustic neuromas.  Some people have ringing, some have clicking, some have white noise, some have squealing, etc., etc.  ..... you get the idea.  For some of us it is very loud and annoying, for some it is only a mild irritation.

With mine, I have different combinations of sounds at different times.  Most of the time I can successfully put the sounds to the background of my consciousness, except when I am in a very noisy environment such as busy restaurants, etc.

Best thoughts and let us know if you have any more questions.

BTW, if you have not done so already, you should send a request to the ANA for their informational brochures ...... extremely helpful in making decisions.  See:  http://www.anausa.org/index.php/contact-us/free-ana-information-packet

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011