Author Topic: surgery  (Read 2416 times)

nanlt124

• learning more everyday
surgery
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:20:12 pm »
just wanted to thank everyone for responding to my questions       i am having my surgery on thursday  093010      my insurance issues were resolved and i am going to tampa general hospital on davis island (tampa, fl)         my surgeons, dr christopher darren and dr agazzi have been so helpful and reassuring that i am trying to focus on positive thoughts     i will let you know the outcome and again thanx    nancy from clearwater

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:26:14 pm »
Nancy -

glad to hear you've made a decision and that you have a date.  Will be thinking of, and praying for, you on the 30th.

Remember that the first few days post op are tough ones, but each and every day things get better.  Some days it's one step forward and two steps back, but that's perfectly normal.  Patience is key during recovery - but from experience I can tell you that it's sometimes hard to find  ;)

Recovery is not a race.  Listen to your doctors and to your body and you'll "get there".  The posties on the Forum are living proof that there is life after an AN - and it's a very good life.

Good luck and see you as a postie!

Godspeed,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: surgery
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:49:08 am »
Hi, Nancy - and thanks for the update on your impending surgery.  You'll be in our hearts, minds and prayers and of course, we look forward to seeing you as a 'postie'.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.