Author Topic: Strong Nerve Twitching  (Read 2587 times)

Darren

Strong Nerve Twitching
« on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:40 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I have not read much about the twitching/tingling/pulling of the nerve as its healing. 2 Months after surgery I started having the side of my nose twitch- Now almost 7 months out I have the same twitch, but my eyebrow will now at times twich and most notably I feel a very strong twitch/pulling tightening sensation behind my ear about were the incision was made.  It almost feels like there is a "worm" on the side of my head moving and kicking around at times. So freaky.  My Question: Has anyone else had this twitching in your head? Is It good, bad or indifferent?  I'm assuming its the nerve moving.

Thanks as always!

Darren

Chambo

Re: Strong Nerve Twitching
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:44:43 pm »
Twitching is gold.  Way cooler that Twittering.  My experience was movement/improvement followed soon after any twitches.  Embrace the twitch!
3.5cm+ LS AN fully removed via Translab surgery on 28 June 2006.
Prof Kaye (Neuro)/Mr Briggs (ENT) at Royal Melbourne Hospital (Melbourne, Australia).
1st post surgery MRI (Feb 07) revealed NO regrowth/residual.
d.o.b. 5 Oct 1978

ghenier27

Re: Strong Nerve Twitching
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:05:05 am »
Hi there, I had surgery on October 19th of this year. I did have some twitching of above my eyebrow off and on for a few days. And not any more since then. I would have to say that I should have been the poster child for this surgery done at Shands Teaching Hospital in Gainesville,Florida by Dr. Stephen Lewis. I have a surgery that was different than the 3 that are always mention here and was cut about 12 inches on the side of my head. BUT, I was in the hosptial for 4 days, driving around the neighbor 4 days after being home from the hosptial and walking a block several times a day during that first week home. That isn't the usual recovery for most patients. My tumor was 1.6 x .007 in size.

I would say that this, I would email your doctor or make an appointment with him and ask him these things. That way, you will know for sure and it will be one less worry off your mind.