Author Topic: Neck pain anyone???  (Read 2575 times)

Jackie

Neck pain anyone???
« on: October 16, 2009, 12:51:36 am »
Prior to treatment, has anyone experienced pressure in the neck? It's not really painful, but annoying, on my AN side and can't chew on the same side because it feels like an exposed nerve? The neck pressure/pain just started a couple of weeks ago, and the sensitivity of chewing on that side began about 10 months ago.
Anybody have these issues, are they An related? Looking for input please!

Jackie in Beaverton,Or.
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Neck pain anyone???
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:59:53 am »
Hi Jackie,

I suffer from neck pain and sensitivity when chewing.  My facial neuroma was debulked three years ago.  I have been going for physio and my therapist told me my neck is painful because of the way I carry myself.  He explained, when there is an injury our bodies instinctively protects itself.  I have now consciously become aware of my body and when I have a headache or facial pain I do tend to hold the leftside of my body.  I also suffer from muscle spasms because of this.  It is like a vicious circle, when I feel pain I instinctively tense up and than as a result of that my neck hurts and the spasms start.  Deep trigger point massaging does help, but I feel it is something that has to be done at least twice a week to be beneficial.

I cannot explain the sensitivity in chewing.  It has to be the facial nerve, because I do know from dental xrays the dentist remarked on how large and visible my nerves are.   

Anne Maire
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 02:25:50 pm »
I didn't have pain exactly, but my neck was stiff on the AN side (tumor on the left, and I had trouble turning my head to the right because of the pressure) and it always felt like my atlas needed to be popped.  My tumor was gigantic and was putting pressure on my brain stem.  After surgery, that area felt strangely empty, but my normal mobility was back, and I no longer feel the need to pop my neck constantly.

Vonda

salamander

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 03:19:05 pm »
Prior to surgery, I had tension in my neck and shoulder area that just wouldn't let go.  It was painful at times.  It was mysteriously getting worse and then I found out that I had an AN.  I do believe it was related.

Since surgery, I have head pain and some neck problems - but that shoulder issue is resolved.

Samantha
2.9 cm right side AN;
Retrosigmoid/Sub-occipital surgery 11/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus), facial weakness, dry eye, eye weight, headaches.
Some movement of face at 7 months