Author Topic: this week (7/6) in the flabbergasting world of AN  (Read 5907 times)

Keri

Re: this week (7/6) in the flabbergasting world of AN
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 09:58:36 pm »
I'm not sure - I tried to search for info, but couldn't find anything. I wasn't sure if "Beth" was her name, and also her name (as in you're Kay and your other name is Kaybo). So if anyone has info on Beth, please let us know.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 12:02:32 am »
Beth's user name is eab. She had GK Monday and did fine. You can read about it here:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10037.0

Not the same Beth that was at House earlier this year. This Beth was diagnosed just over a month ago.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:15 am »
Phyl -

thanks for the mention of Sheryl's husband and his surgery.  It's always sad to hear of regrowth.

Please update us if you have any news.

Jan

Hi Jan and all.... I got word this am that Shery's husband's surgery was delayed yesterday due to blood work issues... some of his labs did not come back clean enough for them to proceed and they are trying to rectify things so they can get him into surgery.  Needless to say, things are very frustrating for him/them as he has been through SO very much already.. and they may reattempt today (they are still not allowing him to eat, in preparation.....).... will continue to update as I learn more. We need him well.... been far too much for him and his brain journey has just stunk.....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:39 am »
We will keep Beth, Jeepers, and Esperanza in our thoughts and prayers for successful GK treatment, Translab surgery, and clean MRI results.

And for Sheryl's husband, hopefully they have resolved his blood issues and are able to proceed with his “secondâ€? (like once isn’t enough) surgery.  We’ll keep him, and Sheryl in our prayers as well.

To all that are recovering, we hope you are feeling better and better with each passing day.

Thank you Keri for these weekly updates, and for the news that LADavid is okay.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:51:51 am »
got email from Sheryl.  His labs came back better and was given the go-ahead for the procedure.. except for one problem.....they did not do the surgery yesterday  as there was no OR rooms available to do so. Needless to say, Sheryl and her husband are rather peeved but trying to understand as well. As is stands now, there was a surgical suite available at lunchtime today, so.... the waiting continues but as long as its done and he does well, that is all that matters. I relayed to Sheryl that you all are sending thoughts/wishes/prayers and will keep you all updated as I learn more....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"