Author Topic: Weird feelings  (Read 2550 times)

formula30

Weird feelings
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:28:26 am »
Hi I am 7 months post gamma knife, and I have had some issues, but I just had another mri done, the radiology reports says it hasn't swelled any since the three month mri, when it had.......and that possibly there is some decrease in the size in the center.  Good News right!!  Oh well, just for this last week I have notice I get really loud tinnitus and my AN ear feels alot of pressure and I am unable to hear out of it.............the noise gives me a really bad headache and makes me sick to my stomach.  I can't tell if it is my vision adding to this, because when this happens my vision becomes very blurry and I have trouble focusing if I am reading something.   I am unable to function when this happens and just have to go to bed.  After sleeping it seems to not make me sick, but I still feel the pressure.  Any ideas..........I will be seeing my neurosurgeon on May 2.  I was so happy with the results of the mri, and now I am nervous again.........I really hate feeling sick!!!  I feel like such a whiner ???  Just hoping someone else has had this or can explain it, so I can feel like this is kind of normal ???

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: Weird feelings
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:59 am »
Fromula 30

You are not a whiner!  Each of us going through this journey have days that are bad.  Try to dwell on the good stuff and realize that most of the bad stuff will eventually go away.  Hang in there!

TJ

mk

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:19:22 am »
Hi,

sorry you are having problems.
It may be completely irrelevant, but I was also experiencing blurry vision and trouble focusing a month ago, which freaked me out. Eventually it turned out that I was really in need for reading glasses - my old prescription was oudated, and the optometrist explained that I was putting strain on my eye muscles.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:22:32 pm »
Formula30 ~

Hating feeling sick is hardly 'whining'.  I'm not a doctor and certainly not an expert in radiation recovery but your symptoms do hint of possible swelling, which would be normal.  Frankly, you'll need an actual physician (with education, degrees, training and a medical license) to give you a credible diagnosis - but I offer you my uneducated guess at no charge.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.