Author Topic: Inputs from medical profession  (Read 2819 times)

an0806

Inputs from medical profession
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:15:02 pm »
Hi All,

I read/write occasionally on the CyberKnife Patient Support Group Forum (http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/). Over there, they have two GREAT doctors "on-duty" answering questions from posters. You can easily tell that their opinions are not in any way biased. And I think it is great.

Granted support/encouragements from/between us patients is invaluable, from time to time we may have questions that deserve professional opinion.

Does anyone here know if there are doctors on board to answer our questions? My guess is no.

This is already a great forum for us. I just feel that it will be even better if one or two doctors can volunteer their time for the forum, like Dr. Medbery and Dr. Spunberg (wonderful professionals, humourous too !) on the other forum.

Just my 2 cents.

an0806

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Inputs from medical profession
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 03:22:32 pm »
an,

I've been trying to tell Drs S&M (they hate when I call them that!) the same thing.. and honestly, if it weren't for them (... and for those here that cross post there like I do -- btw, I'm pbp214 over there), then I would't be in such great shape with my AN as I am.

BTW, tell Dr. M that his arm better be feeling better and Dr S that I'm going on his next Carribbean cruise, whether he likes it or not... they'll know :)

As for dr's volunteering time on this ANA board, just a thought... as the ANA was developed by an AN patient and it's focus is to keep a patient to patient forum, I like the idea as well, but not sure it falls under the initial thoughts of the board. I know (many, such as myself and others) will tend to share info that Drs M and S share with us on the CK board..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:09:33 pm »
I did see one of my former doctors listed as the "Newest Member" at the top of the page, but I don't think that I have ever seen him post. So....perhaps they are around?
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

ceeceek

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:48:11 pm »
That's a good question .....PPearl and I will be on cruise together..I have updates for you when I have a little more time....all good actually,,,,finally a real answer.....not AN..but your not getting rid of me...anyways..if there are doc's out there feel free to join in, unless of course you are too intimidated by informed patients....haha
Ceeceek
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.