Author Topic: facial twitch  (Read 3353 times)

kat

facial twitch
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:28:05 am »
 Hi everyone

During the last week I have experienced some facial as well as eyelid twitching on the opposite side to my AN . It does not last too long but since it is something I have not experienced before I am wondering whether it has anything to do with my AN and my GK treatment . I do also get a feeling like goosebumps  on the same side but not at the same time as the twitching . Iwould like to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar before or after treatment . 

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: facial twitch
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:27:10 am »
Hi Kat,

I have not experienced facial twitching but curious to see if others have.  Others may have posted in other forums (check the "Facial Issues" forum to see if anything has been noted there... just a suggestion).

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sefra22

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 07:11:50 pm »
 Hi Kat,
I started having eyelid spasms about 3 weeks after treatment on my AN side. I didn't think much of it until the other side started to spasm about 6 weeks after treatment. I only lasted a couple of days on the non AN side, but I still experience it on the AN side several times daily.
Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

zjane

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:22:34 pm »
Eye twitching shouldn't be a big deal.. Watch for full-blown hemifacial spasm which involves lips, mouth, even neck on the AN side.  Mine started about 6 mo. post FSR.  For some of the members their spasm eventually went away, one member was put on neurontin to control the spasm.  A few of the unlucky ones (me included) unfortunately had to go for surgery.
right side AN found Nov 04 1.0x0.7
FSR Cabrini - Dr. Lederman 5 sessions Nov 05 1.4x1.0
Translab Hinsdale Hospital - Dr. Wiet / Dr. Kazan Jun 07 2.3x1.2 (CSF leak, lumbar drain)

2yr Post-Op MRI Apr 09 Clean

mary07

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 05:26:35 am »
I experience twitching on the side with the AN mainly by my mouth .I have not gotten Gamma
knife yet but its coming up by the end of the summer so we will see what happens .
           Good luck to you ...
              Mary

kat

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 06:03:41 am »
Thanks for your replies

I have not had any more spasms of twitches for a few days now . I have looked on various websites and many just put it down to a nervous twitch caused by stress .  That is a strong possibility since we have been remodelling our house all winter as well as planning to retire in a few months time ! A good friend of ours saw how stressed out we were getting and kindly offered his apartment on the Cote D`azur for our use for a holiday which we gladly accepted . That has proved to be stressful in a way too since for the last 7 years or so all our holidays have been sailing ones with a very leisured and somewhat scruffy summer wardrobe to match consisting mainly of teeshirts and shorts of a somewhat threadbare variety . We had to do some serious shopping to try and smarten up in order to avoid arrest by the Style Police on arrival . For me by far the worst experience was buying and trying on swimsuits  ! At 59 and none too slim it was about that time that my eye and face started to twitch and looking back I think it is a wonder
that my whole body did not go into a spasm when faced with brightly lit changing room mirrors as I was struggling in and out of swimwear!  Bring back the Victorian bathing suit !  

Regards Kat

2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

ceeceek

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 08:39:47 am »
Kat,
Too funny re the swimsuit issue..I am only 42.5 with 43 closely approaching and I dont like trying on swimsuits and never have, so I dont think you can blame it on age...sorry.
As far as twitching, there have a been a few postings on the ck board and they tend to reply it is temporary, and can indeed be stress related. Just keep an eye on it so to speak, if it continues, you may have some slight swelling and speak with your Dr re steroids..a temporary dose.
Also, do not negate the great benefits of meditation yoga and the one that works for me re trigeminal and vidian nerve pain...acupuncture.
Good luck on the remodel..you will have to post pics.
Ceeceek
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.