Author Topic: Prayers needed for 12 year old  (Read 6276 times)

another NY postie

Prayers needed for 12 year old
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:42:37 am »
Dear AN friends,
I know how many of you are on prayer circles or just believe in the power of prayer so I am asking for prayers for my friend's son, Riley, who is 12 years old and was just diagnosed with leukemia.  He is very sick and will be in the hospital receiving chemo for 4-6 months.  I still do not know which type or the prognosis.  I just know how I was held up and sustained by all of my family, friends, and fellow ANers thoughts and prayers and I am trying to harness as much of that healing energy for this young boy.  It certainly, once again, puts things in perspective in terms of my AN.
Thank you all,
Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:44:20 am by another NY postie »
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
Re: Prayers needed for 12 year old
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 06:49:06 am »
Wow.  I agree, when I think of my own little battle with my AN it seems so small compared to what that family must be going through.  I will put Riley in my prayers and ask my church to pray for him too. I can't imagine the pain his mother must be feeling knowing her baby has this battle to fight.  So, so sorry to hear about that.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 11:51:57 am »
As those of us on this Forum know, there is a lot of unbelievable power in prayer.

My prayers go out to Riley.

Please keep us informed if you hear anything new.

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 12:02:11 pm »
Nothing more heartbreaking than a sick child.

I'll definitely keep Riley and his family in my prayers.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 02:28:40 pm »
Cheryl ~

As a lifelong believer in prayer and having often seen the positive results of intense, focused prayer for an individual, I will be honored to lift up young Riley in prayer and offer my hope that his parents will be comforted and strengthened by knowing many people they've never met are praying for their son. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Wwoodian

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 03:04:36 pm »
Prayer has sustained me so much during this AN trial.  I will definitely pray for Riley and his family.
Diagnosed with 1 cm AN on 10-28-09
Middle Fossa surgery on left side 11-20-09
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz at House Clinic in LA.
No hearing loss or facial nerve problems
Severe double vision and bouncy vision
Yahoo!  Double Vision gone after 3 months!
Did a full marathon 1 1/2 yrs after surgery!

cyrmom2

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 04:59:39 pm »
Cheryl,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son.  We'll pray for Riley and his family.

Cyndi
diagnosed 7-27-09 4 cm CPA
12 hr translab 8-25-09
Dr Chicooca & Dr Welling at OSU/The James
sliver of tumor remains on brain stem
left SSD & facial paralysis (was 6/6, 2-3/6 at 9 weeks, 1/6 within 4 months) 6 month MRI on 3-17-10.

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »
Cheryl,
I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend's son. Riley and his family will be in my prayers too.  Please keep us posted on how he is doing.  And you're right -- the power of prayer is a powerful thing-- we've seen a few miracles here.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:06:27 am »
My prayers and thoughts are also with him.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 08:10:02 am »
Nothing more heartbreaking than a sick child.
I can't say it any better than that.  As the father of two young children I can't imagine how devastated and frightened I would be if it were my kids facing a challenge like this.  Please let your friends know that they are in our prayers.
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Mickey

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 09:44:57 am »
My prayers are with him. Mickey

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »
Cheryl,
  I am praying for Reily.  A freind of mines 14 yr old son went through this last year.  The docs were very optomistic about juvinile Lukemia. He was hospitialized for over 6 months and received very aggressive chemo treatments.  he was very very sick during the process and extreemly suseptible to everything, so he had to stay hospitalized.  The treatment was so agrssive it really killed his imune system.  Anyway,  he got through it and is back at school this year doing very well. SO far so good, in remission.  Tell your friend to have faith, they can lick this thing.

Patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

another NY postie

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 06:15:41 pm »
You all are so awesome!  Seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart....he is in for a long, long treatment.  His leukemia is not the better type and they are trying to get him on some medical trials for medicine.  atti, I am going to keep your friend's son's outcome in my head...It is very scary and he is hanging tough - such an angel.  Keep those prayer coming for him!
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

jerseygirl

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »
Hi, Cheryl,

I will keep both the boy and his parents in my thoughts. This is such a tragic situation. Needless to say, I feel for the boy and I cannot even imagine the level of his parents' pain. Hope his treatment goes well.
                        Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 09:46:44 pm »
Cheryl - Riley is in my prayers. My daughter has a friend that was diagnosed with leukemia 3 years ago.  He was very sick as well for months, but he has been fine since the initial treatment and has been in school for the past 2 years.  He is happy and healthy.

I remember when he was diagnosed, we were devastated as I am sure you are.  The impact this has on him will be everlasting.  But he will endure.  Stay strong.  Sending my thoughts and prayers, Alicia
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm