Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 777724 times)

lori67

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2280 on: February 28, 2008, 08:36:54 pm »
Jan, I've got one on my ankle and it wasn't bad.  It's more the outlining part that smarts a little.  The coloring in part isn't bad.  But you're a Mom - you can handle it.

If you really want one behind your ear - tell your kids you're getting one on your forehead.  They'll be so mortified at that and think that behind your ear sounds like a great idea in comparison.

I know a good tattoo place in Key West....  8)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Don

« Reply #2281 on: February 29, 2008, 01:08:00 am »
Getting really pissed before getting tattooed is not a good idea unless your used to it we had one guy one time in Hong Kong who was not much of a hoser get a tattoo and after two big bottles of HK beer he was pretty bust up , well he got a pink panther on his upper arm and when he uncovered it the next day the chinamen had tattooed a female crotch on it! LOL lucky we were already at sea or he would have went down and destroyed the place, he hd a pair of pants tatooed over it in Japan

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2282 on: February 29, 2008, 01:01:59 pm »
Somehow I don't think this group needs to much reason to celebrate ANYTHING!  ;)
Hmm, got up this morning. - Celebrate!
The Lost boys are on TV!    Bring on the liquor....
It's Friday!  Whoo Hoo!
 IT'S LEAP DAY!!   And a Friday.  DOUBLE WHOO HOO!   
Make mine a double, please!

Just wanted to say that my family and I are going to partake of Fine Dining on Sat. March 1, for my birthday.  We will be sashaying ourselves down to Andina, a PERUVIAN restaurant in Portland in the "Pearl District", which is now a fancy dancy place to explore, but used to be the old warehouse area of Portland.  Andina is supposed to be a really wonderful restaurant and I am really looking forward to trying some of their specialty items.  I think it was voted Restaurant of the Year for Portland a few years ago.  You can tell I don't get out much!  But no tats.  My son decided to get into that, since this seems to be the tattoo generation.  I have a hard time looking at them on his arms. I think of my pretty baby boy and his smooth baby skin, and think....oh, jeez, WHAT is he doing? 

Okay, I'll post later on my dr. appointment.

Sue in vANcouver

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kaybo

« Reply #2283 on: February 29, 2008, 01:49:32 pm »
Sue~
Hope you have a great birthday and a great time on the 1st!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2284 on: February 29, 2008, 02:09:20 pm »
*runs in and give Vancouver Sue a BIG OLE' BDAY HUGGLE*  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #2285 on: February 29, 2008, 03:43:08 pm »
Happy Birthday Sue!  Hope they have an extra big dessert on the menu for you!!  ENJOY!!!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2286 on: February 29, 2008, 04:34:21 pm »
Happy Birthday, Sue!  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!!
Does this mean because I have tattoos I'm in the wrong generation??????????
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2287 on: February 29, 2008, 08:48:07 pm »
[color=maroon]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....VANCOUVER SUE[/color]

YOU JUST GO AHEAD AND CELEBRATE ALL YOU WANT,  BUT DON'T GET TOO CRAZY, I HEAR YOU CAN FIND A TAT PARLOR OR TWO IN PORTLAND.   ;) ;)

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2288 on: March 01, 2008, 02:46:20 am »
We will be close to Portland's China Town....must be a tattoo parlor down there somewhere.  My aunt would never speak to me again! 

I will have to do a restaurant review for you. 

I posted separately about my dr appointment, but everything is looking good.  Nothing new, no changes, still dying.  That's okay with me!

Just google Andina Portland Oregon restaurant and you'll probably bring up the website and their interesting Peruvian menu, if anybody is curious.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  I feel like I am now officially a "Senior Citizen" because I'm on the "company dole" and will be getting my Soc. Security next month.  This is hard to believe, because I am a Boomer, a flower child, part of the hippie generation, singing The Beat Goes On and Kumbaya My Lord, while filing out my application for the Peace Corps and idolizing Jackie Kennedy in her pillbox hats, and joining hands with Martin Luther King and marching on Washington, and being "in love" with Frankie Avalon, and writing to Annette Funicello to get her autograph, and hurrying home from school to watch d*** Clark and The American Bandstand, AND The Mickey Mouse Club because Spin and Marty were on that day, and the entire evening lineup of television (in black and white) were westerns and knowing all the theme songs by heart because the shows ran from September to May and you heard them every week, and also having a little crush on Johnny Crawford so you couldn't hardly wait for The Rifleman to be on, and then The Beatles and The Beach Boys came along and then it was time for Prom's and long dresses and long white gloves and boys in white jackets and lots of cheap pink carnations and maybe a small rose for the corsage, and you better get a wrist corsage if you were wearing a spaghetti strap dress, and then with everyone dressed to the nines, you went out and did The Twist like you did last summer and this all took place at the school gym that was turned into An Evening in Paris, or Shangri La and it was almost beautiful, if you used your imagination and sort of squinted, and then being a Senior in High School and going to football games in the sloppy rain, and then late in November a young President is dead, and the world starts to change and Happy Days is pretty much done for, only to return at a later date with The Fonz.  And thank heaven for that!  So then it's time for serious school and going to work and meeting new people and weeding through the riffraff to find true love and getting married in the small church with the reception in the church basement for crying out loud, with just cake and punch and those mints!  No big catered hoopla here.  And having a baby and taking your child to pre-school, kindergarten and then his high school graduation and then you're having your 50th birthday and then it's your 60th birthday and then, oh yes, you have a stupid Acoustic Neuroma (excuse me!) and then you're signing up for Social Security and thinking....Whoa, Nelly, what is happening here? 

So, there you go.  Most of my life in one paragraph!! ;D :o  Well, sort of.  Metaphorically speaking. I didn't march on Washington or join the Peace Corps. But I do have Spin and Marty's autograph!  And Annette's.   hee hee  Oh come on, somebody out there must know who they are! HA

Well, that was fun.  Talk to you later.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Lorenzo

« Reply #2289 on: March 01, 2008, 04:13:00 am »
that one paragraph, metaphorical or not, is fuller than my three, sorry, four, short paragraphs!
happy birthday!
Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Don

« Reply #2290 on: March 01, 2008, 04:59:42 am »
 Sue in Vancouver you must be a So Cal girl sure I know who Spin and Marty were I even had the T shirt and Annette and Moon Doggy were at the movies along with " Little" Stevie Wonder! A&W was still available in a frosted mug and the waitress's came to your car they were called car hops I believe and Linda Rondstat and the Stone Ponies and Smokey Robinson and the Imperials played at our grad night at the Magic Kingdom, Uncle Jimmy Weldon and Webster Web foot are still around that duck must be full of moth holes by now?

Kaybo

« Reply #2291 on: March 01, 2008, 08:22:37 am »
Sue!! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  (again - you can NEVER do b-days too much, in my opinion!)

I had HEARD of all the stuff you referred to...but sad to say, no autographs!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2292 on: March 01, 2008, 10:26:15 am »
Happy Birthday!  What a remarkable time to grow up in.  I'm a few years younger than you , but I have a sister around your age.  I love everything nostalgic.  Simpler times, good times, and a true innocence that has been lost forever.  I enjoyed reading your brief synopsis of your life.  The music out of the '60 was the best!!!  Motown, The Beatles, Elvis,The Bristish Invasion, Sonny & Cher, the beat goes on.

Enjoy, celebrate.......................

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2293 on: March 01, 2008, 11:37:59 am »
Better late than never:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SUE IN VANCOUVER !!!!!

Hope you enjoyed your Birthday dinner as much as I enjoyed reading the 'encapsulated' version of your life.

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2294 on: March 01, 2008, 03:04:24 pm »
THANK YOU.  I'm getting so many birthday wishes that my heart is full!  You guys are the best.  Don, I did live in S. California for a time - 3rd through 9th grade.  We went to Disneyland and there was Spin and Marty and I got in the line for their autograph.  I had an autograph book I carted around with me because every once in a while I would see somebody from TV. I was a bit star struck. My uncle was a stunt double for James Drury in The Virginian and I was fascinated with show biz. 

Sue

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode