Author Topic: 3 month post op  (Read 2458 times)

painter

3 month post op
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:08:04 am »
Hi everyone,
I just had my first checkup at three months post op.  I didn't have one earlier due to blood clots and a flu bug, but was told I’m now back on track with recovery.  I’m still pretty wonky, and have some incision issues, but am determined to start leading a normal life. I’m back at the gym taking it pretty easy, and back to painting 6 hours a day. 
I haven’t had any follow up MRI, but the surgeon wants to see one in the next month.
I’m just grateful to be moving forward again.  What has really helped is this site and all the comments you all post. It makes it easier to assess my own progress.  Thanks to you all!
Tom

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 3 month post op
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:37:50 pm »
Tom ~

Thanks for that positive update!  Thanks too for your kind words regarding the ANA Discussion Forums and our members that make it the great resource it is.  I trust your recovery will continue apace.  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:31:43 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Wwoodian

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:23 pm »
Glad to hear that you're doing well Tom.  I'm just a bit past 3 months too--that seemed to be the "magic" time for me too--much improvement--moving forward even when I don't feel like it!  Still wonky, but don't want to talk about things anymore because everybody else is tired of it!  I guess that is part of the recovery--just movin' forward... : ) 
Diagnosed with 1 cm AN on 10-28-09
Middle Fossa surgery on left side 11-20-09
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz at House Clinic in LA.
No hearing loss or facial nerve problems
Severe double vision and bouncy vision
Yahoo!  Double Vision gone after 3 months!
Did a full marathon 1 1/2 yrs after surgery!

LisaP

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:01:57 pm »
Tom,

Congratulations on a speedy recovery!!  Keep us posted.

Best wishes,

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:51:34 am »
Congratulations on your postie status, Tom  ;D

Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal.  Things do improve over time.  It's hard, but try to be patient.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways