Author Topic: Fcial issues beginning at 1 year post-op?  (Read 2242 times)

cin605

Fcial issues beginning at 1 year post-op?
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:27:11 am »
I am 1 year (almost) 6/26 post-op & in the last couple weeks my face on the side where AN was is getting kind of tight periodially
& twitchin & feeling just wierd.Also left side of my tongue is feeling like it got poked in the very back on the left side.
Could this be scar tissue related or nerves healing or regrowth?Any ideas?Any one have this this far out post op?I have had no facial issues till now besides my tongue being swollen on left side for 4 months after surery?
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

texsooner

Re: Fcial issues beginning at 1 year post-op?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:46:58 am »
Yes cin605, I can relate. I had my surgery last August, so I'm not too far behind you. The AN side of my face has felt tight for the last several weeks and I've also had the twitching(mostly on the AN side of my nose), and you're right, its a weird feeling.

I'm thinking it has to be the nerves healing.

I did have a numb spot on my tougue as well, but this went away about 3 or 4 months post op.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

cin605

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:15:02 pm »
Phew!I was thinking the worst case scenario again!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:46 pm »
Facial tightness can start at a later date.       My rt side one is most of the time which is the side with the most surgeries.     Try massage to see if that helps.  Also put some warmth on it.    Warm cloth or one of the things you heat up in the microwave.   Rice can be put in a sock and heated for this.           One can do the type of exercise where you put your thumb inside the mouth and use the fingers to pull across an area of tightness several times.    Then go to another area.   Do this 2 or 3 times a day.        In the shower is a good time as there is warmth also then.             It does help if one does it.            My problem is I don't keep up with it.                             I haven't read the www.bellspalsy.ws site for awhile to see what else is talked about.                  The above I got from Jackie Diels many years ago when saw her for a short session.
                                                                     Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care