Author Topic: 6 month MRI ....first MRI since initial diagnosis....NERVOUS  (Read 4341 times)

catherineversland

6 month MRI ....first MRI since initial diagnosis....NERVOUS
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:52:16 pm »
Hello All! Today was my 6 month MRI since my initial diagnosis. I freaked mysel out a little bit because the MRI seemed to go on forever. I now have to wait a week to get the results....you know the drill. My hope is that it stayed the same :)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 6 month MRI ....first MRI since initial diagnosis....NERVOUS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:42:00 pm »
Hi, Catherine ~

The hardest part of being in the observation mode ('watch-and-wait') is the uncertainty.  It's unfortunate you have to wait a full week for the results.  I would try to see if you can get them a bit sooner, just for the sake of ending the stress.  However, even if you have to wait the week, I hope the results will not indicate any growth.  Please let us know when you have the information.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lrobie

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:32:13 pm »
One of the things that was very nice about going to UPMC in Pittsburgh is that you get your MRI and see all your doctors in the same day.  Thus, knowing your results right away.  I know it depends on where you live, but it's worth the drive for me.

I know it's hard, but keep thinking positive thoughts!

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

catherineversland

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:01:23 pm »
 Thank You. I chose to have my MRI in upstate NY at the same facility that diagnosed my AN. I thought that this would be the best thing to do. My doctor is in NYC. I might just go on Monday and get the report myself before I go to the doctor on Thursday.

chrisransom

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:59:54 pm »
Catherine,

I went htrough the same thing last June - my first follow-up.  I had the option of taking the "films" with me after the MRI but I chose not to.  My follow-up visit with the doc was a week later.  i knew what to look for on the images and I didn't want to see a larger AN and then have to sit around for a week knowing that the doc was going to tell me it was bigger.  As it turns out - it didn't change one bit.  Nor did it on my second follow-up 2 months ago. My symptoms have not really changed since first diagnosed - have yours? If not, that's a good start!

Chris
Diagnosed with 21x16x16 mm AN in December 2010.  No change in June 2011 nor in January 2012.  No major symptoms - tinnitus, some fullness in left ear but no hearing loss or other symptoms.
Firmly in the W&W camp for now.

catherineversland

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 06:55:46 pm »
 :) :) :) Today was my visit with Dr. Selesnick ...I had a hearing test ...and received my MRI results . My hearing test was perfect ...and my AN is stable ...I am going to do Vestibular Therapy for the dizziness. My next appointment is in one year . Phew ...
I feel  almost guilt posting this as so many have suffered so much ...My day may come when I face growth ....but I have you all in my thoughts always ...

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 02:03:20 pm »
Catherine ~

Congratulations on your 'stable' MRI report! 

Never feel guilty about using the ANA website discussion forums for the reason they're here...support and encouragement along with information and - more support.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.