Author Topic: Dr question??  (Read 2231 times)

niteowl

Dr question??
« on: September 16, 2005, 06:51:22 am »
I have been doing alot of research online for surgeons to consult on my sons AN.We live within 2 hours of U of M and it seems that there are 2 Drs,Stephan Telian and Byron Thompson that do about 35 to 40 AN surgeries a year according to the U of M website. Has anyone else delt with these 2 surgeons in their treatment that could pass info to me about their experience? I would truly appreciate it.  David

luv2teachsped

Re: Dr question??
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 07:22:22 pm »
Dear David:  You must have missed my post.  Dr. Telian did my surgery, and is an awesome Dr.  Maybe the neuro was Bryron Thompson(i thought it was Greg, but hey..)Anyways, Dr. Telian has done well over 600 surgeries I believe and is very capable.  I think your son would like him.  They both are very thorough and personable. They answered all my questions.  Not to scare anyone, but I had a rare (minor) complication the day after I got home from the hospital.  I had been vomiting  for over 8 hours that night when my daughter called the physicians reg. The doctor on call called back, gave a few suggestions and said to call back if I needed to. Well, to make a long story shorter, by 4:30am I was still vomiting, with a horrible headache and of course couldn't keep any meds down.  My doctor called back immediately and spoke to me daughter and suggested I ome into the clinic that morning first thing, since I would probaly wait that long in ER.  (we live about an hour from A2)  When my mom and I arrived both Dr.s were waiting for me at the waiting room .  They gave me something to stop the vomiting, filled me with fluids as I was severely dehydrated , did blood work, called in a derm. Dr.(as I also had an allergeric reaction to the bacitracin on my incision)etc...They gave me wonderful care, and followed up at home later in the week. ;D'told you I couldn't say enough good things.  Good Luck!  Let me know how things go for your son.luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07