Author Topic: What does Translab mean?  (Read 7264 times)

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
Re: What does Translab mean?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 12:05:12 pm »
I don't know what is scarier, that you and your fiance have 11 pet rats or that RattieMum was already taken????? ;D 
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO

pattibobatti

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 04:23:26 pm »
Hi Dale,
       YOU'RE SO FUNNY
I bet it's fun going on a road trip with you.

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 04:48:44 pm »
My translab hurts if i push(toilet issues) so just wondered would it be best to have C-section done when i have a baby instead of natual pushing deliverary? As my fiance and i are trying for a baby and i'm worried about this. Sleeping on my translab can also be painful.

I haven't had surgery yet, but if you search through the archives you'll find several women who reported that there was no problem with childbirth post-op.  It is, of course, something to ask your neurosurgeon and OB.  But don't assume you *have* to have a c-section just because of the surgery.  I'd, personally, do a lot more research and asking of questions before making that decision.

Good luck!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Cheryl R

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 07:13:09 am »
  To Dabs 4811.     You may have the trans lab as some surgeons are more comfortable doing that approach and that is what they use most frequently.     Mid fossa is harder to do with more chance of residual effects afterward.                      Cheryl R.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Dabs4811

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 01:21:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply Cheryl.  I hear you when you say the translab has fewer side effects than the middle fossa.  I just have to accept that what happened — happened, and not look back.

I've been reading postings and have tears in my eyes for the people who have so many more side effects than I do.  I am so lucky that I am driving and back to work.  My boss and co-workers come almost daily to ask me how I'm doing. 

Only time will reveal what other effects I end up with, if any, but for now, I have mild dizziness, the metal taste in my mouth and hearing loss in the right ear. 

The people are on this website are so great.  Thanks to you all for your support of others.  -- Dee
Dee (my mom still calls me Dolores) :-)
Translab 4/27/06, Hearing loss on right side
Michigan Ear Institute — Dr. Kartush
64 years old, have 6 Boston Terriers