Author Topic: This Week (1/18) In The World of the Wanton AN  (Read 2006 times)

LADavid

This Week (1/18) In The World of the Wanton AN
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:55:36 am »
A mix of things this week -- surgery, anniversary, treatment, athletic event, birthdays.

First up on Sunday the 18th, is OMG16's birthday.  Happy Birthday! (Where have you been?  Is all OK?)

Also on Sunday, Patrick (texsooner) is running a Half Marathon in Houston.  To run a Half is a major accomplishment.  Those of us who have run them know what it's like.  But to run one 5 months post-surgery is amazing.  Best wishes for a great run, Patrick.

Then on Monday, Debbi has a EMFR appointment at Good Samaratan.  I think that's Neuro Muscular Retraining.  Much success with that , Debbi.  You made huge progress -- I know this will be all it takes.

On Tuesday Cathy (doglover) from Iowa, has her 5 month post-op appointment.  Hope all goes well and the news is good.

Also on Tuesday, Jill is having her AN surgery at the University of Cincinnati.  I don't know that we heard what the procedure is but best wishes for a very successful surgery.  Will there be anyone updating us?

On Friday, the 23rd, Anne Marie is having a birthday.  Happy Birthday, Anne Marie!  Hope it's a great one.

And finally, on Saturday, it's Cheri's (CWood) birthday.  Happy Birthday, Cheri.  Hope Mike spoils you. (Hear that, Mike?)

And that's it for this week.  Hope everyone is staying warm -- I got cold just writing this and thinking about Toronto, Iowa, Ohio, and New Jersey.

Have a great week.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

sgerrard

Re: This Week (1/18) In The World of the Wanton AN
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:37:05 pm »
Best wishes to Jill for a smooth surgery on Tuesday.

To the rest: happy birthday, run well, good appointment, good appointment, happy birthday, happy birthday.   ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:41:30 am »
Good luck to everyone having treatment and surgery.  Happy Birthday to my dear friends.  Now I am having a wonderful birthday.  One of my bathrooms has been totally gutted, and I mean gutted.  The dust is unreal!!!  My girlfriend's husband is a contractor and his specialty is kitchens and baths and he is doing all of the hard work.  With his cost prices he has saved Louie and I almost $2,500.  I would say 49 is going to be a very good year, with more renos to come.

As I said before the dust is unreal.  The battle has started and my poor sinuses are really taken a beating.  A little pain for very much gain.  I have to get out of the house now.  Cough, cough. blow, blow.  I need fresh air.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:02:17 am »
I somehow missed this thread -- sorry to all of you who've been treated or had birthdays this week.  I hope all is well!

OMG -- Belatedly wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Patrick - Congratulations again on running the half marathon - a truly amazing feat!!

Jill -- Sending my best wishes and good vibes your way for a wonderful surgiical outcome -- please keep us posted on your progress!

Ann Marie -- Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Cheri - Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY too!!

David - Thank you as always for your wonderful update.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »
Birthday and wellness wishes to everyone this week!  Saw the piccies of Patrick's major accomplishment! I am so jealous and congrats to you for completing it!

Hoping all had a good week.. and have a good upcoming week!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"