Author Topic: 11 weeks post op retro-sig- Great Healing so far  (Read 1995 times)

sizeman

11 weeks post op retro-sig- Great Healing so far
« on: May 09, 2014, 03:19:35 pm »
An e-mail written to my Doctor, Rick Friedman from Keck Hospital at USC:

I hope that this e-mail finds you well. I just wanted to drop you a couple of lines and let you know my progress. Its now been 11 weeks since surgery and I continue to heal. I've been back to work since March 3rd. I've been driving for about a month now. I still have a couple more physical therapy sessions to go working on my vestibular balance system. It still needs a bit of work but I am back to doing almost everything that I could do pre-surgery. I even played some volleyball last weekend and had a few unbalanced moments but tried to make it look like it was supposed to be that way. Next up is lacing back up the skates and get back to playing a bit of hockey. Next week I do my first solo business trip.

Hope things are well with you and that you have opportunities to make patients smile as you did me. I listened to some Pink Floyd last night in my Bose head phones. It sounded so very good. I am blessed that I still get to enjoy such a pleasure.

I put this out to you that should you have patients that wish to talk to someone please feel free to pass along my info. It can be a scary time. Been there. Done that.

Take care and keep rockin'

You Tube video from my experience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgoSXlxxIF4&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:32:17 pm by sizeman »