Author Topic: surprise response to neck tightness complaint  (Read 1936 times)

Brewers7

surprise response to neck tightness complaint
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »
In my recent visit to my plastic surgeon, I mentioned in passing that the back of my neck felt tight.  He responded by telling me that they had to use part of my "Trap" muscle to cover up a section of my skull where the bone was removed.  I am 2+ years post op and never knew!  I always just assumed that the tightness  was somehow related to my facial paresis issues.   I am not upset because it was no doubt necessary at the time.    My husband said that he did not remember it either.  I wonder if they can Botox my Trap.  I have a call in now to find out. 
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: surprise response to neck tightness complaint
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:29:09 pm »
Huh, that IS interesting...I also found it interesting that for middle fossa surgeries, they have to cut a jaw muscle to get to the skull where they punch that hole.  It took me a few weeks afterward to be able to fully open my mouth again! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston