Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 7141 times)

southjersey636

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:28 pm »
Thanx for all the replies its great to see others on here feeling and going through the same issues.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 11:45:11 pm »
Man Mark - you are more ethnic challenged then I am. (Irish, Welsh, some French and German).  I'm convinced the Irish side of me is always looking for a party. As for the Welsh- I'm personally convinced this is the group that Tolkien had in mind when he wrote The Hobbit (short, pale skin, lots of body hair, funky toes)!

Okay after that description- you all will need a drink of some type! Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 02:38:59 pm »
The 2 Mikes (southjersey636 & mykey):

Hello and welcome to the discussion forums.  Thanks for your participation.  We need all the input we can get, especially from the younger AN 'survivors'.  Hope you'll find the forums a benefit to you - and come back often. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 09:23:43 pm »
Mike,

Interesting story about your dizzy spells. I can relate to it. My problems seem to have started when I was clocked on the side of my head by a stray golf ball when I was five years old walking home from kindergarden in 1962 - probably why I hate that game so much. The dizzy spells kicked in at age eleven and continued intermittantly until 1987 at age thirty. I had a nasty inner ear infection in 1986 that knocked me off my feet for a week. I had excellent hearing though up until 1999 when I seemed to lose it in my left ear almost precipitously - couldn't even hear a dial tone on the phone. All the other symptoms followed suit between 1999 and 2005: hypoglycemic-like fatigue, double vision and eventually catastrophic equilibrium problems. My experience may go to show how long you can get on with an A.N. although I would not recommend this approach to anyone. It certainly took its time running its course with me but in the end I certainly paid for it having let it go way too long.
   It's pathetic: When I was twelve I was diagnosed with having a urinary blockage (which I sincerely believe to have not been the case at all). As young as I may have been to be afflicted with that kind of problem they wasted no time in rushing me in to the hospital and ripping my urethra out. There's something very fiendish about Urologists don't you think? At the tender age of twelve I endured hellish suffering that grown men with prostate problems scarcely experience. I still bear the scars from that procedure - in 1969 - physically and psychologically to this day. The irony of this being that I probably didn't even need to have it done in the first place. Urologists seem to have a weird passion for catheterization.
   Contrast that with a real problem, bearing down on me like a "Sword of Damocles" that was, for whatever reasons, consistently overlooked or ignored until being reduced to eventually crawling in to a hospital for treatment.

Just to let you know.....

Hope you get through as "unscathed" as possible,   Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.